A Little Bit Of Freedom

Chapter 12-A Little Bit Of Freedom

I jerk awake to find myself laying in my satin sheets in my room. I run my hands through my hair, feeling each little strand of blonde hair, but it feels smoother and silkier than usual. I guess that's what royal shampoo and conditioner does to your hair. I am wearing a casual gown, or as casual as you can get in royalty. I look around the room while still trying to fully wake up. My eyes dart around and soak up everything in the room, but my green eyes land on an object on my bedside table.

The jewelry box.

I delicately open it, to find my necklace to remind me of Jasper. It isn't just a reminder of him, but of what could've been. I reach my hand out to touch the necklace, but I just cannot bring myself to do it. My hands begin to tremble. I hug my knees to my chest. I bring my knees so close to my body and grip my knees so tightly so my hands stop trembling.

Once I get myself together, I ease myself onto the ground. A second later, KC, Sasha, and Natisha burst in, along with the queen. Wonderful! The lady that has tried to murder me! Okay, maybe I'm taking it too far with murder me, but she has been at least a little cruel to me!

Something is way different from Queen Chelsea, she is wearing sweatpants and a tight short-sleeved shirt with tennis shoes. They're all the color yellow. Yellow. The color of the silk dress I was wearing when I was torn away from Jasper.

Jasper.

Why is that all I can think of today? It's like everything leads to him!

I focus back on the queen, "Um, what-"

She interrupts, "We are going out into the world today, dear! Another lesson for you, future princess." I flinch at the words 'future princess'. She continues, "Being a Royal, you go out twice a month and explore your kingdom's nature! We are going on a nice hike today."

I smile. Well, at least this will brighten my mood. I love hiking and exploring trails! Breathing in the fresh natural clean air into my lungs. Hearing the leaves rustle against each other. Seeing all the fascinating wildlife. It all seems amazing to me.

KC, Sasha, and Natisha do the daily routine. Give me a bath. Do my hair and makeup. [They went very light on the makeup today.] Choose my clothing. Dress me.

My hair was pulled up in a ponytail. I wore a violet tank top, khaki shorts, and bright violet tennis shoes.

The queen guides me out and down some staircases. I stare at the polished floors as I walk. When she stops, I don't notice and I run into Charlie, who is wearing a tight thin baby blue shirt and some basketball shorts. I stumble and cling to him so I don't fall.

"Whoa there, beautiful!" He says, jokingly. He steadies me.

"Thanks... I'm a klutz."

"Remember, I know." He points to his right shin and there is a purple bruise there.

"Heh, I'm still sorry about that." I apologize.

"Like I said, it's all good," he smiles at me.

I notice the queen looking at me expectantly, and Charlie glances at her. She gives a slight nod and he kisses my cheek. Oh, she wants us to act, now. We are supposed to act like we are a true couple, even in front of the people who know it's fake. I try my best to look at Charlie dreamily and I cling to his arm.

Bethany walks into the room. I finally decide to look around the room I am in. It seems like a sitting room. It has no LookingView, but there is a marble fireplace in the front with elegant paintings of previous Royals hung on the walls. The walls and floors are white, and I see several petite couches. There is a small wooden rocking chair beside the fire place, too, with a quilt draped over the arm of the chair. We stand on a hand-stitched carpet filled with swirls and curls.