Spying on the Love Birds

Chapter 21- Spying on the Love Birds

My mouth lets out a groan from a bird pecking at my window which woke me up. I mean, come on, bird, I need my sleep. It's not always the 'early bird gets the worm'. Sometimes, you just get more joy out of getting more sleep, and right now, I need more sleep or I'm going to be cranky. My clock shows that it's 5:30:17. That is too early for my liking. I throw a feather pillow with a white satin pillow cover at the bird's window. Ouch! My arm burns when I throw it.

Please let that scare the annoying creature off, I thought. Jeez, I really am irritable when I'm sleepy. I always love birds.

I do love birds in the mornings, most of the time. Their singing is beautiful and the way they flutter around singing the most beautiful tunes makes me smile. Sadly, this one wasn't making me crack a smile.

The pillow hit the window with a small thud, but the bird remained there. He perched himself on the windowsill, and was staring right on in my room. He was a pretty little thing with his bright blue feathers. His head had light blue feathers while the rest of his body occupied a deep blue. One of the most pretty birds I've ever seen, but don't judge a book by its cover.

My limbs force myself up and out of bed. When my feet land on the floor, they became wobbly and achy. I'm so sore from all that exercise yesterday. Every step I take toward the window hurts and bothers me, but I power through it like a strong person would. I tap on the window, hoping it will scare him away. No reaction. Then, I crack the window which makes him move with it. While I hope that the movement will scare him, he remains there and pecks at the window. I move the window again, and this time he moves. He moves right into my room, landing on my nightstand.

Oh gosh, this is bad.

I quickly walk over to him, "Shoo! Shoo! Go away!" I try to swat at him, but the little thing is so stubborn that he pecks on my hand. "Ow! Go away! Please!"

He starts flying but he flies up towards me like he is ready to fight. I stubble back as he comes at me. I try not to scream just in case others are asleep. "Shoo!" Now, I just sound desperate, "Go away, please! Go! Be with your other birdy friends. Just stop messing with me!"

I swat at it, and then I hear another bird outside my window calling to the pretty, stubborn bird. The pretty stubborn bird automatically forgets about me and flies out of my room and out to the morning sky. My feet trudge over to my window and shut and lock it. I know my eyes have to be huge and I had another mini heart attack. I doubt that I'll be able to go back to bed, now.

"Well... what an interesting way to start the day..."

I notice there are shorts and a T-shirt waiting for me to put them on on a couch. This time, all the clothes are an aquamarine color, even the socks that go with my tennis shoes.

***

Once I am done getting ready [which I did by myself, luckily, since nobody is awake at this time], I thought maybe I could go in a little early and perfect my self-defense moves. I mean, practice makes perfect, right? It doesn't hurt to do a little extra practice. Wait, actually it does hurt since I'm so sore, but that is a good thing.

I try to remember the way to the elevator. Man, this castle is just too large. Once I make a few wrong turns, I remember some of the stuff I pass to get to the staircase that leads me to the elevators. Eventually, I get to the stairs. Those were just too painful. I had to pace myself by counting how many steps I made my way up. My calves burning like fire.

One step. Two step. Three step.

Four step. Five step. Six step.

Seven step. Eight step. Nine step.