Celebration

Chapter 26- Celebration

Charlie guides me through a door inside and I find myself in a huge ballroom filled with people I have no clue who they are. My fake smile widen as everyone sees us walk in. Fancy-dressed people start hooting and hollering, screaming and cheering. They intensity of the loudness made my eyes widen. I wasn't expecting this! The people that are around King Randolph's and Queen Chelsea's age wear Victorian-styled clothing while the younger generations wear long, less-puffy and more stylish dresses and tuxes. Some people stick out like sore thumbs. For example, I see kilts, headdresses, and multi-colored robes.

Several reporters, interviewers, and paparazzi wait outside the ballroom for the prince and his soon-to-be princess. The ballroom is decorated with hearts, roses, and symbols of love. Violinists play in the front of the ballroom, and there are gifts that people have brought just for our engagement. The cheers continue and everyone trips over each other just to get a glimpse of the new love birds.

Charlie turns and grabs my waist, picking me up and twirling me around as my hands settle on his shoulders. I throw my head back and for once, my smile isn't fake. I actually enjoy him twirling me around because there was one person who would do that all the time-Miles. Miles would pick me up and twirl me around to cheer me up and make me laugh. It can seem a bit weird to others, but for us, it was like an inside joke.

When my feet plant on the ground, he moves to kiss my cheek and as he does, he whispers, "Good job. Keep up the great acting..." Then, he plants a kiss on my cheek.

When he pulls back, he meets my eyes but then those green emeralds move to something over behind me. His strong, firm smile all of a sudden, didn't seem the same. I was probably the only one to notice, but I did. Charlie quickly looks away from whatever grabbed his attention and grips my hand tighter for my liking, beginning to move towards the crowd, but my curiosity is itching for answers. My eyes scan over where Charlie was looking when his emotions changed.

What I saw was pure cruelty and... I understand why his emotions changed.

In the corner of the room is Emerald along with Queen Chelsea gripping her arm tightly. An evil smirk across Queen Chelsea's face, but nobody pays them an attention except Charles and me. Charlie was right. Every time he sees Emerald it is like someone waving a bone over a dog's head just out of the poor dog's reach. In this case, Queen Chelsea was waving Emerald around just out of Charlie's reach. I am not sure what type of game this woman is playing, but she is now playing it, not only with me, but also, her own son.

Anger rages in my heart, but I cannot let it show. My smile continues as we scurry through the mob of people. My eardrums are filled with phrases like:

"Congratulations!"

"How exciting. Young love!"

"I bet the wedding will be extravagant."

"They are perfect for each other!"

Charlie guides me to where the gifts are. Two white chairs are set up beside each other for us to sit in by the table full of gifts. Problem is, the chairs are set up by a wall. A glass wall. Guards are lined up everywhere and you can see desperate people wanting to come to the party, but they're access was denied. A huge group of girls begin to fight guards, and the guards are outnumbered. The fangirls rush over to the glass wall holding up their LivingSquares taking pictures of England's new hottest couple. They scream and shout and Charles gives them a charming smile, making their hollers louder. They scream stuff at us, and I make out a few screams:

"Oh my gosh! Charizona! I ship it so much."

"Charles, be with me!"

"It is actually them!"