You're Kidding, Right?!

Chapter 33- You're Kidding, Right?!

A poky feeling appears in my left arm as I wake up in the First-Aid Room. Groggily, my eyes avert to my left arm to find a needle being stuck in my skin. Automatically, I am wide awake and a screech escapes my system.

Immediately, whoever is giving me a shot takes it out of my skin as I begin to panic. My instincts are to jerk my body away, but my body jerks myself right off of the small bed I was laying in. When I hit the ground, it is like someone found the 'off' switch to stop me from continuing to panic.

"Arizona! Oh, woah! I'm sorry for scaring you this morning." Bethany says as she helps me up onto my bed. Surprisingly, I am not nauseated like I was yesterday. Heh, what happened yesterday? Yesterday seems a bit hazy in my memory after me puking on the stairs...

Instead of laying back down, I sit on the edge of the bed. "What is going on?" I ask, rubbing my head and my eyes.

Bethany lets out a small laugh, "You're sick, dear. Now," Bethany pauses so she can grab her LivingSquare. "Do you feel like you are going to get sick, right now?"

"No..."

"Do you remember much of yesterday?"

"No..."

"Do you feel cold right now?"

"No..."

"Do you-"

I interrupt, "What is the point of this interrogation?"

Bethany prepares herself to answer my interrogation. She leans on the edge of a counter, watching my every move. "To see how you're doing. See, I have to ask you a series of questions so we can determine when you will be well again. Right now, after I gave you some injections-"

My eyes widen, "Woah! You gave me more than one injection?!"

She nods, "But you don't remember them."

"Wait, why don't I remember anything past from the first time I... ya know, urck-churcked?"

She gently brushes a strand of my hair away from my face, "The medication we gave you has some side effects. The meds heal you over three times quicker than normal and you should be better by tomorrow."

I move my elbows to balance on my knees as my chin rests in my palms. "Well, what is exactly wrong with me."

Bethany cringes a little at whatever thought she was thinking about. "Apparently, our cook undercooked some fish that you ate for dinner a few days ago which has resulted in you having food poisoning. He was fired immediately once we determined that it was food poisoning."

"It was the fish? Man, it tasted so good the other night..." I comment.

Bethany can't help but laugh at my words. "Anyways, after you 'urck-churcked', Charles rushed you, as best as he could, down here. You vomited constantly until we finally got medicine into your system. Charles came to see if he could help out and he came for a little while to see how you were doing, but you were asleep. Trust me, you didn't forget much."

"Ah... I feel better. Almost normal... well, as normal as I can get." I joke. Oh my... I think Robin has rubbed off on me when we dance together. His silliness is contagious!

Bethany watches me in amusement. Her big smile reaches to her eyes and she seems to really enjoy my presence. "That sounds something that your father would say."

"My dad? What, was he funny?"

"Oh, Zachary was a funny man. He would joke about anything! It was a quality that your mother was very fond of. She said that she couldn't stay away from his jokes..." Bethany says with a chuckle.