Missing Him

Chapter 7- Missing Him

There are a crowd of people surrounding the castle. Several take pictures, some have video cameras, and some are just simply staring in awe of it and I don't blame them. It is truly amazing. I walk to the edge of the stone balcony and set my hands on the railing. The railing isn't like a thin steel rail that you can easily wrap your hand around. It's thick and made of cement, but it looks fancy. Lights shine and glimmer all around and we are several stories up. The people look like ants, but I can still make out some of the stuff they are doing.

When I get to edge, I look over, cheers explode out of the crowd. I jump back and Charles leans over the side and waves at them. I hear some girls screech and squeal. I heard a girl in particular yell, "Charles marry me!"

I couldn't help but laugh. Wow! These girls are devoted to him. He smiles and waves politely. I look up to see if there are any stars and there aren't, but there is a full moon. I gaze at it until I feel someone holds my hand. I look over and smile at Charles, and he squeezes my hand lightly. Remember, Arizona, we have to act like we have been a couple for a while. He sets his forehead on my mine, looking down at me. I smile slightly, and he kisses me lightly. I pull away, and I hear the crowd cheer louder at his gesture.

All I can think about is Jasper. Even though I cannot be with him, I still cannot wait until I see him again. My heart aches now. Jasper has always been by my side while Charles... Well, I officially just met him an hour ago. We have to pretend that we have known each other for a while and that we have been a couple for some time. He announced earlier today that he had a girlfriend in an interview this morning, and he said he didn't want her to get bombarded with cameras in her face so he kept it a secret. That's the cover story for this whole thing. Then I'm getting engaged to him and I'm getting married. To be honest, I don't want to find out anything further than that. That is all I can take.

My hand flies up to my neck where Jasper's heart necklace still is. I look at it, and my heart breaks. I stare at it, and I look up for a split second to see Charles staring at me. His eyes are sad. I don't want to start crying in front of him or all of his fans. I back up and I jerk the door to the balcony, open. I run, and I begin to take off down the halls when I fall again. I land on my hipbone which, for anyone's information, hurts badly.

I look up to find Charles coming after me, but I rip my heels off and throw them at him. Why did I do that? Well, to help get me more time to get away, so I can cry without humiliating myself. That satisfies me at times, just to start crying so you can let all the stress and sorrow out. I usually find a way to comfort myself, but maybe things will get better once I am able to see Dylan, Jasper, and Miles again.

I run into KC in one of the halls, "Whoa! Arizona, are you okay?"

I nod, "Just take me to my room, now, please!"

I try so hard to hold back the tears. I can feel them wanting to make their way into my eyes and fill them up until they cannot hold so much tears, but I force them not to. One of the hardest things is to hold back feelings. If you're happy, you cannot stop smiling. If you're sad, you cannot hold back from crying at times. If you're mad, you cannot hold a scowl inside. If you try to stop these feelings, you will end up unsatisfied. At this moment, I'm too unsatisfied to keep my tears in much longer.

KC, luckily, seems like she's reading my mind and guides me quickly down to my room. I memorize specific sights so I can retrace my steps back to my room whenever.

She guides me inside, "Here. I'll go bring you some warm tea to help you calm down, okay?"

I nod as I go and collapse on my bed and burry my head in my folded my arms. There I go, I let it out. I try to make my sobs as quiet as I can, but I miss all of them. I miss Miles, already. I miss Jasper, already. I even miss Dylan, already. For an eighteen year old girl, this is too much to handle. It's just overwhelming. How has Charles handled stuff like this all his life? Royalty? I've barely even been here for a while and I'm breaking down! What is happening to me?