[ 20 ] Pranpriya

Jennie

TUESDAY

I woke up with tears flowing heavily in my eyes. I came running down the stairs to see my mom.

As soon as we look at each other, my mom became worried.

"Why are you crying Jennie?" my mom asked as my dad look at us.

"What happen to her?" I asked.

"Who's her?" she asked.

"Pranpriya" I said.

"P-Pranpriya?" she asked shocked. I know my mom knew her since I saw recognition in her face.

"Pranpriya, my friend when I was a child in Korea." I said while sobbing.

"You remembered?" my mom asked with sadness.

"I did. I dreamed of her." I said.

"I'm sorry, Jennie." she said as she approach me to hug. Just by seeing her reaction, I think I know the answer but I want to hear it. Wanting for me to be wrong.

"What happened Mom?" I asked again.

"She died." she asked. We hug while my mom caresses my back with her hand as I cry.

"It's my fault." I said.

"It was accident." she said.

"If only-" I try to say but my mom interrupted me.

"It's not your fault. The driver was drunk driving which causes the incident." my mom said.

----- Jennie's Dream -----

"Why are you crying?" I asked.

The girl looks at me.

"I cried because the sky and the ocean is really pretty." the girl said.

"You are crying because of sky and ocean. You are weird." I said and laugh.

"Yes, I am." the girl said with a smile.

"I like you. We should be friends. I'm Jennie." I said.

"I'm Pranpriya." the young girl responded.

_______

I saw the girl sitting in the grass field as she cried with her head on her knees.

"You're crying again?" I asked when I approached her.

She looks up to me as she wipes her tears away but it keeps on falling.

"I'll dance for you. So, you better stop crying." I said.

I felt happy seeing her smile after I dance for her.

I sing and dance for her every time I saw her cry.

_______

"I'm gonna be an idol one day. I will sing and dance and make people happy." I said.

"I know you can do it. You're a great singer and dancer." the girl said.

I smile.

"How about you?" I asked.

She thinks for a while before smiling.

"I will be you manager or bodyguard. Someone who will be with you to protect you." she said.

"I'll think about hiring you then." I teased while she chuckles.

_______

I'm sitting in the green field as I wait for her. Today is my last day in Korea.

"Jennie!" she calls.

"Pran, I thought you won't came." I pouted.

"Of course, I will. Sorry, I'm late." she apologized.

"It's fine. Let's go." I hold her hand as I pull her with me to walk to my house.

We are nearly to our house. I can see it from where we are walking.

"Pran, Let's play. That's my house. The blue house. Who ever arrive first will get two cones of ice cream." I said excitedly, pointing my finger to my house about 10 meters away across.

I ran hurriedly as Pran follows me behind.

"Jennie!" she shouted so I look behind.

I saw a car driving fast to my direction. I was shocked as I close my eyes.

I felt someone pushed me and so I open my eyes.

It happens like a slow motion.

Pran pushed me and I saw her hit by the car as I fall backward. I felt the back of my head bump to something hard and everything turns dark.

___________________________________