[ 13 ]

Jennie

Today is Sunday and it has been two weeks since I met Lisa. I am planning to invite her over breakfast hopefully it would be fine.

We have grown closer though there aren't a thing I know about her other than her name. May be it is to early to know personal things in our friendship.

I haven't ask anything about her not because I am not interested to know her more but I am not sure how. I might ask something wrong and she will hate me and our friendship will be over.

Also, she didn't ask anything about me too.

Every time were together our topic would be about what we see in the road or in here in neighborhood or about Ray. I don't know if she knows I am an idol or she just don't care about it.

"Hey...*breath deeply* Good Morning *breath deeply* Jennie *breath deeply*" Lisa said as she reach our gate where I was waiting for her.

She breath heavily again and release air in her mouth.

"Sorry, I'm late" she said.

"It's just 10 minutes Lisa. It's fine. You look like you run a marathon. Do we still need to walk for exercise?" I said teasing.

"I don't like you waiting for me so run as fast as I can." she said smiling.

We started walking.

"So...., You woke up late, didn't you?" I asked.

"No. No. I fell asleep that's why." she said.

"What? Of course, you sleep because it's night." I ask as I look at her questioning about her answer.

She chuckles at my response.

"I work as a bartender in 'The Bar' at night so I usually sleep afternoon even in my rest day like yesterday and today but yeah I fell asleep while playing games." she said.

This is the first I learn personal about her and a feel happy since she told me. This means she do trust me and treat me as a close friend.

"Oh. Bartender. That's cool." I said as she smiles on my compliment.

I started thinking if I should tell her about me working as an idol though I am currently resting from it when she suddenly talks.

"Jennie" she calls.

"Yes?" I asked.

"You seem thinking deeply." she noticed.

"Well.. Do you know me?" I started.

She laughs. "Of course, you are Jennie. Have you forgotten?" she teased.

I roll my eyes at her. She is such a dork which I came to like about her being my friend.

"I mean. If you know me as Jennie or just Jennie." I said.

She wonders about what I said before a smile appear in her lips again.

"You will never be JUST Jennie. You are 'The Jennie' which is my very close friend as of now. I should be promoted as your best friend now." she said proudly.

I chuckles at what she said.

"Yeah. Yeah. You are my best friend. You dork" I said while smiling.

I take a deep breathe before starting "You are my friend. I mean a best friend which you promoted yourself to. My point is I trust you." I said as she continue to nods looking at me innocently.

"So, I am an Idol" I finally said as I look at her reaction.

"Idol?" she innocently asked.

"Yes. I am a performer, singer, dancer who you can see in media. Do yo know Jennie Kim?" I asked.

She looks like she is thinking intently before a bulb appear in her head.

"Ohhhh.... Now that I think about it I think I heard the Jennie Kim from Rosé before. Rosé talks about this celebrity girl who is a very close friend of Jennie Kim... Hmmm.. I remember they have the same family name and her start with Ji..." she said as she tried to remember the name.

"You mean Jisoo?" I asked.

"Yes! Jisoo! You're good. You like know her too?" she asked.

"Actually, I am 'The Jennie Kim'. Jisoo is one of my close friend." I said.

"Wow. You must be really great. Rosé has been praising Jisoo and you" she said.

"Who's Rosé?" I asked.

"She is my boss the owner of 'The Bar' where I work but she is more like a younger sister to me." she said.

I nod in response as I learn something about her again.

"Wait.... Aren't you suppose to be Korea since you are Korean celebrity." she asked.

"Well, I am taking my break." I said.

"Ohh. I hope to see you sing and dance some day." she said.

"Well then I will invite you if I have a concert here but it might take long." I said.

She shakes her head saying No.

"No, that is not what I mean. I want to see you sing and dance alone. Like, you are gonna dance and sing in front of me. Just us. You. Showing your love in dancing and singing. I want to see you do something you love right in front of eyes." she said honestly as I felt like crying.

There is something the way and meaning of her words which I felt she have touched my heart deeply with care. It make me realize something.

I remember why I want to an idol. I want to show people my love for singing and dancing.

I try to control my tears from falling as I take a gulp. However, I failed when I felt her right hand wiping my tears away.

"Why are you crying?" she said as she looks at me worriedly.

More tears fall out of my eyes as I wasn't able to control my emotion.

She pulls me in a warm hug as she caress my back slowly trying to make me calm which I did.

"Stop crying. I don't like seeing you cry. Did I say something wrong? Sorry, if I did." she said.

I stop crying and laugh at her as she hugs me. I can't believe this girl. She thinks she did something wrong since I cried. However, the truth is I felt relieve and happy and a lot of emotion that I can't explain but I know it's good. She makes me feel safe and at home.

She pulls out of the hug and looks at me with guilt.

"I did say something wrong, didn't I? I'm sorry.... please don't demote me as your best friend. I have just gained it like a minute ago." she whined and pout.

I laugh at her. She really looks cute. She looks like a kid that you gave an ice cream as a prize but you suddenly take it back.

"No, you did not. You promoted yourself as my special friend." I said smiling.

"I'm special now? Is that higher than best?" she asked as we started walking again.

"Yes, it is higher. You are a special dork." I teased.

"No. I'm your special friend and there is no taking it back." she said proudly.

We finally reach back home.

"So, special friend. You wanna join us in breakfast?" I asked.

"With your family?" she asked.

"Yes. My family is kinda want to meet you." I said.

"They know me?" she asked.

"I might have talked about you for a minute to them." I said.

"Okay. I'll join. Free breakfast is great." she said.

"Let's go" I said as I guide her inside.

I hope she will likes my family.

_____________________________