Chapter 12 "Betrayal?"

I had such a bad mood this morning. no surprise, and I just need to talk to Skylar. but by the time I get to school it's time for homeroom. I got a pass from the councilor for being late so I have an excuse, I decide to skip homeroom, no big deal. As long as I have a pass they won't call my mother.

I head to the bathroom to poor my eyes out, I really need to talk to someone. I dry off and look both ways before exiting the bathroom for any teacher, so I don't get caught. I go to the water fountain next to the bathrooms, I cannot risk anyone to see me like this. I haven't cried since like kindergarten. When I finish drinking water I get scared because the first thing I see is Daniel, sky's boyfriend. I turn away.

"hey, what are you doing here?" I ask trying to conceal myself, because I'm pretty sure my eyes are puffy and I cry ugly.

" I'm late, and I thought I saw you. What's wrong? Are you crying?" Oh great I knew it, whatever there's no use trying to hide.

" no" I say all sniffy. "no, I'm not, I was looking for Skylar, to talk to. I just had a very bad morning and I was late."

" well, I know whatever happened that you are going to be brave, and can face it because, you're Makayla. The brave, pretty and caring girl who is  that you never back down." he says and smiles

" thanks, that was sweet and I can see what Skylar sees in you, you're a great guy." I say, and I meant it

I give him a hug before heading to my first class since homeroom is almost over.
As I take a step back to start walking to my first class. That's when someone, probably a freshman that's late, runs past us, and he pushes me into Daniel. As I'm about to fall a grab for something or someone, and it pushes us together to kiss. Instead of stopping, my hands go to his neck and I hold on to him and push him forward me and he does the same. We break away from the kiss, and then I snap back to reality.

Oh my god my first kiss, wait, what just happened? I kissed my best friend's boyfriend and why didn't I, and he stop? We both say " what the heck just happened" At least we both didn't play that blaming game of " why did you kiss me" or" you kissed me " we both know what happened. But the shock is what he says.

" we are not going to tell Sky what just happened cause we both know what happened, and it was a mistake"

" yeah we know what just happened' but do remember that we both didn't stop or didn't want to and we have to tell her that or else you're cheating and I'm the one, her best friend, who you just cheated on her with"

"I know but I don't want to lose her, and this was an accident and it didn't mean anything right?"
OMG is he dumb or something, I mean all boys are at one point dumb.

." yeah sure or else I wouldn't have done that, and it was an accident" I say just a bit annoyed " but if it didn't mean anything than you don't mind if we or I tell her right?" But right when he is about to open his mouth to most likely disagree I quickly say " good bye!" And this time I make sure no one is there because we definitely don't want that to happen again. I start to walk away to my next class, right when the bell ring and everyone comes out to go to their first class and so do I.