Chapter 26 " A Return? part 2"

As I'm sat in the car next to my big brother, Juan, I start fidgeting cause it feels like there is some tension I'm the air between us. I know mom and dad told him about them getting a divorce and surprisingly he took it really well... Like he knew about it? But that's not it, I don't know if it's because I'm a witch or just my gut but there's just something that's different.

As we arrive home, my parents take his luggage out and take it upstairs to the attic. Since we don't have space and he wanted his own room as me, he wanted the attic so that's his room. We all go to the living room after so he can give us some souvenirs or presents he got us since he wasn't with us for Christmas. He gives my mom some small golden earrings which I don't even know how he could have afford it, and my dad a soccer jersey with a famous player's autograph, which I don't even know the name of, on the back.

At the end he gives me nothing but I keep my best fake smile on, trying to hide my disappointment. Juan goes to his room and I follow to help him unpack... or to find out about my present, I'm not being greedy or anything...

" so how was traveling?" I say trying to start a conversation
" it was great and I thought you'd like this. he reaches in his pocket and in his hand is a blue necklace with a small blue heart on it, my favorite color and my... birthmark.
" wow it's beautiful." I say taking the necklace " thank you."
" your welcome."

I put on the necklace which I love and thank him again. he locks the door. My heart starts Beating rapidly as I know I've fallen into a trap. Juan's voice sounds so unfamiliar when he speaks.

" now let's try this again." My eyes widen, what does he mean by again.
" What are you talking about?" I start backing away to the door and try to unlock it but it's stuck.
He starts to chant something which is unfortunately familiar from just a few hours ago!
"Donec erunt ultra maga mittentes incantamenta eam reperio tintinnabulum" he says the spell or whatever it is and it's too late. Though it doesn't do anything instead my necklace lights up and a light comes out as if leaving an invisible force field to guard me. It knocks Juan out and I immediately run to him on the floor.

I kneel down on the floor beside him and check his pulse which is still beating... thank goodness! "Are you okay?" I ask.

"yeah, what happened?" he asks " you started chanted something... where did you-" but I couldn't finish because then he grabbed my risk and knocked me on the floor this time pinning me as I am unable to move and struggle.

" try and get out of that now" I try and kick him but I fail.

" Where did you learn those words? Who told you?!"

"told me what?" acting all innocent with a fake grin plastered on his face. "those words and this necklace."

"my girlfriend and as for the necklace I picked it out... but I got no idea how you did that? What did you do-?" But he didn't finish because I hit his head with my forehead and I was free from his release.

" For me I'm tried of the lies that come from you, so now tell me truth." I point at him and next thing I know he faints.

I run toward him once again and start yelling for him to wake up... and luckily he does.

" Makayla stop yelling." he starts " now what am I doing on the floor and where am I?" I help him stand " Am I home?"

I don't understand and my face expression must have gave away how confused I am cause the next thing he says is "what?"

"you don't remember?" he shakes his head." yes you're home, we picked you up from the airport like 2 hours ago."

"shit!" he says "what?" asking even more confused than ever. His eyes wonder to the door which is locked. "I'm not supposed to say anything but.." He trails off and I tell him to continue.

" While I was away I went to several parties and met... new people. Anyways I kind of have a drinking problem. I didn't think it was a problem but one night I called mom and dad and I was drunk so they found out." I gasp how is my brother drinking?

" I know.. anyways we got into an argument and it got to the point that I was hooking up with girls and I would'nt remember. So I told mom and dad and we decided that I have to go to rehab. " what? No, my parents are getting divorced and I'm moving... my brother can't be leaving too!

" I know with everything going on" you have no idea. " but I need to get better.. and I guess before the trip I got so drunk that I don't even remember what happened. and I started doing and saying random stuff"

"are you sure."

"yeah I guess" I know I should have asked more questions maybe cast a spell to make sure but the spell was to tell the truth. Though it is still weird how both Juan and Daniel were chanting something and how whatever I did made them stop and not remember what happened even though Daniel faked it. But I know one thing, that Skylar has something to do with this and that there is someone else helping.

Hey so the pic on the side is of Makayla's brother Juan! Read tv boy bands for some spoilers ( she lives for them) also check out Dreamycakess ( she needs 400 views help her out!) I updated now my next update will either be this weekend or by Monday but if you want it sooner than let's get those views up! Lets try to get 800 views by the end in two weeks and in return I'll update 2-3 chapters and this book is almost over... BUT there will be a sequel and series!!! The series will be called Magic is Like... and I will update Life After which is a different story about hardships the main character faces which changes her life until someone new with a dark past not too different from hers arrives... what are they hiding? You can check out the prologue by going to my works . Let's get those views up!!!