Chapter 30 "One Last Goodbye"

One, two. I start to slowly open my eyes. Finally my eyes flutter open and I see sunshine. I stand up on my elbows and tilt my head and I realize I am still in the same place that I fell unconscious. I hear laughter and look towards where I hear it. I see Sky and Daniel laughing, siting by the shade. What a great romantic scene. Laughing and bonding with an unconscious girl by their side staring and stalking. sigh. Daniel looks bruised, tired, and electrocuted.

In a way I owe him cause if he hadn't jumped in front I would have been the one to take the hit, that would have been the end of me for sure.

The laughter stops and Sky says "hey are you okay?" I turn and see she's not talking to me instead Daniel. Of course.

" You have asked me several times and the answer is yes" he says. I just can't remember what happened there."

" I know me neither or anything for that matter. Last memory is at the cafe after Makayla left." she says "but I can guess that I haven't been myself."

"I woke up on the ground while you were unconscious next to Kayla." she adds on "this women said she was my mom and that the other was my sister. But there is no way I would be related to those two. Especially since I can guess they did this to you and Kayla." he voice sounds more serious. " I guess I hit my head hard, now I don't remember anything, amnesia." she sighs.

I decide to break up the talk I have heard what I need to know "hey" I say they spin their heads toward me and smile, a first.

" hey. You know how long you've been out?"

" I don't know? How long?"

" About a day. It's morning." she says.

Morning?! It can't be morning! We were supposed to check into a hotel in out, and my mom was supposed to check into work. We are supposed to be in Boston by now!

" What happened?" I know what happened but not after I passed out.

" there was this lady who was still here after the woman who called herself my mother left and she tried to get near you, but we threatened her." Threaten? " How?" I ask.

" well we noticed her being awfully attracted to your dad who is frozen. Which we don't know how and is freaking us out by the way." I look over my shoulder and see the truck, with my mom, and dad frozen "and?"

" and we said we'd break him in half and we were bluffing but she was too scared to see if we were. so she left. Now you were too heavy to carry you over to your house so we camped the night."

Wow. Now what am I supposed to do I can't tell the truth she'll just become evil again.

" yeah well my memory is faint and my mom and I were supposed to be in Boston right now."

"you're moving?"

"Yeah."playing dumb "I told you. Don't you remember?"

"No." Her smile turns into a frown "I don't. The last thing I remember is being at the cafe after you left. I guess I hit my head or something yesterday that I lost my memory."

It was hurting so much to see and hear her voice cracking, Skylar was so vulnerable. She was becoming her old self again.

"I walk up to her and wrap my arms around her "I'm sorry." I whisper to her.

"It's okay." but it was my fault she can't remember. And that she is her old self again. I remind myself.

When I pull back I see tears coming out of her eyes.