Christmas Special

I remember doing these kinds of events in New York and in my old school. Though back there I would be planning it not be the opening the act. It all happened so fast. I met this women that was helping out with the pictures for Santa and I got into helping her with this toy drive, the kind you see on tv. Last minute the opening act that we booked a month ago canceled last minute with a cold. December in Boston who would have thought? My sister told the lady that I could sing and heard me singing to my niece and nephew. I've been here for nearly a year and this is gonna be the first year spending the holidays with out my parents and family. Hopefully this performance will make this a good Christmas to start off with.
The part that gets me nervous is this would be my first time performing in front of an audience by myself on a stage. It makes me think of last year and how I was supposed to sing in front of my old school with the guy I liked. We performed let it snow and we won a "contest" and we were gonna sing in front of everyone together but I had to leave. Now he doesn't even remember me let alone know me. He is with his girlfriend.

The song I'm about to sing isn't exactly what happened but it somewhat describes my feelings, and that's the whole point of singing to me.
The stage director calls me up " here opening the show and also helped planned this event. She's got a big heart and an amazing voice, Makayla" oh the irony. I touch my heart birthmark and smile at the irony. I step up and nod my head and the person that announced me.
"Thank you for that lovely introduction and how about we get some toys and donations so we can all have a happy holidays!" I smile and everyone claps. Maybe only a few twenty people are here but we are in the mall, we are bound to get more attention.
"This is Last Christmas" the guitar starts playing and I start tapping my foot to the rhythm.
"Last Christmas I gave u my heart but then the very next day you gave it away
This year to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special" I look out in the crowd that is shaking their head to the rhythm. I Turn to the toy bin and some are donating toys and we are gathering a bigger audience as people see what the sound is.

I close my eyes and focus on the meaning behind the lyrics I'm singing. I've been listening and singing to this song a lot so I have a meaning for it.

"Last Christmas I gave you my heart
But then the very next day you gave it away
This year to save me from tears I'll give it to someone special" Last year I reconnected with an old crush of mine and in a way I gave him my heart, but he didn't give it away the opposite actually. I was the only one for him. But I took it back cause I had to move for a much bigger purpose then what he thought it was.

"Twice bitten and twice shy
I keep my distance
But you still catch my eye
Tell me baby
Do you recognize me
Well
Its been a year
It doesn't surprise me" I go into a higher pitch for this part. In the beginning I did try to keep distance but he always pulled me back in with only a glance of his eyes. I still do this today. I smile at the thought.

I stand up and continue singing with more feeling, this part I can't relate yet it's one of my favorite parts of the song
" I wrapped it up and send it with a note
Saying I loved you I meant it
Now I know what a fool I've been
But if you kissed me now
I'd know you'd fool me again." I sing the rest of the song and try getting the crowd more excited and little by little the bin of donations gets bigger as adults and kids come up. The crowd gets bigger and I'm excited for later on cause I'm just opening up. Who knows how many more people and donations we will have.

I start finishing up when I notice a familiar face in the front of the crowd and I smile. I get nervous but remain calm so I can finish off well.

I sit down in the stool like the beginning and focus on the guitar as I finish the song.

"Last Christmas I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special" The crowd applause and I bow. The announcer introduces the next act and I get down from the stage.

I walk over to the boy I saw in the crowd that I'm lucky he didn't mess me up in the ending.  My tutor walks over to me and gives me a sympathetic look and I shrug at him. He rolls his eyes before asking me "Are you okay?"
I sigh as memories come flooding back. I answer honestly "yeah I am"

" So still need help getting over that broken heart?"he asks.
"No I think it's going away, little by little"
" So have you found that someone special?" He asks referring to the song.
My breath hitches and I realize all the confusion I've been feeling but I take a step forward avoiding the nervousness I'm feeling.

"No, but I think I'm getting close."

Hope it's not too late but I had too I've been wanting to write so how about going back to the past for the future. Last Christmas and the way she sung it is like The video up top similar to WAMP! K ttyl and tell me if u want the sequel and if you're curious!

Peace out, Lasong 😘