Final Mission (M4ire)

Summer was exhausted. She was sitting near a beaten and unconscious DJ Octavio. The bruise in his right eyes had got worse. Summer looked at it and chuckled a little to everybody's reaction when she punched the octo king so hard in the face that she send him flying back at his flying robot what he fall out of.

She turned her gaze to the squid sisters. They were hugging and crying because of how much they have missed each other. It was a little strange to see Marie crying Summer thought, but consider the that Marie had been worried about Callie must of the time it was understandable now that she let out her emotion.

The battle against DJ Octavio and the hypnotised Callie was a hard one. Without Marie and Sheldon assisted she would probably not succeeded without injury or worse.

A shadow passed over Summer and she looked up. The Great Zapfish was swimming in the air, happy to finale moving around and not been trap in the big flying robot. She smiled.

"I believe it is time to leave now. I have a shop to tend to" Sheldon said from his flying trunk. Summer rose up and turned to pick up Octavio. She easily lifted him up and cared him to the trunk.

The Squid Sisters had stopped now crying and began to wipe away the tears in their eyes. Callie, after she could see clearly again, noticing Summer for the first time. "Who is she Marie?" "She is Agent 4. I recruited her to find you"

Callie looked at Summer as she carried Octavio. "She is really strong. Octavio was really heavy when we drag him back to his globe." Marie nodded "She is and more." Callie turned to look at her cousin and noticing the look Marie had as she looked toward Summer.

At first Callie was confused, but soon she realised that Marie and almost shouted when she said "Marie! Are you in lo...?" She couldn't say the whole sentence as Marie had quickly covered her mouth with her hand. "Quiet" she hissed and quickly looked toward Summer to see if she heard while she blush a little.

Callie removed Marie's hand and continued with a lower voice. "I never would have guessed that you would find someone you liked. You always told me that you would never found someone to love." Marie turned back. "Yah Yah. I know, but it's not certain that she like me. So it could be one side love for me."

"Why do you not ask her if she want to go out with you?" Marie looked now down and rolled her thumbs. "I can't" "Why not?" "I don't know. Maybe I'm scared" Callie looked at her cousin with some disbelief. "You? Scared? I have never heard you been scared of anything. You are the bravest inkling that I know of, with the possible exception of your grandpa."

Marie continued to look down. "Maybe it is that I am scared of not been loved back and knowing that I probably will never find someone again." Callie patted her cousin's shoulder. "Take your time. You don't need to rush" Callie said and continued with a mischievous smile

"And if you feel like you can't, I can ask for you." Marie turned now back to Callie with a looked that could kill. "If you say anything to her about this. I will make you eat rice for a whole week." Callie smiled vanished and she started to feel sick by the thought.

Then they hosted the Splatfest, there was one theme about Rice vs Bread and Callie was on team rice. After the Splatfest, there team rice won, Marie had made three rice dishes every day for two weeks. Callie knew that it was partly her fault as she had constantly nag Marie about why rice where better when bread.

"I will not say a word" Callie said. "Good. Now is time for us to go home" Marie said as she rose up. Callie rose up to and they headed toward the truck. "By the way, where are grandpa and Agent 3?" "I will tell you about it later plus everything that has happen when you have been goon."

Later on the same day, Summer got a call from Marie to meet her at the cabin to talk about her agent job.

Summer arrived and it felt like déjà vu. Marie was standing with her back towards Summer just near the cabin. She soon turned around and spoke. "Agent 4 or should a say Summer. I have been waiting you to say thank you for everything. Without you I would probably never find and rescue the Great Zapfish and Callie."

Summer smiled and blush a little while she scratched her head. "Of course the city and everyone living where will never know that you did. It's like they always says: The path of the hero is a lonely one."

Summer looked confused "Do they. I think they don't say it." Marie turn little green "I'm certain they says it. They say all sorts of things." She continued with a little cough "Well...whatever. If you turn around you can see Dj Octavio in this snow blobe. I'm keeping an eye on him to make sure he stays out of trouble."

Marie began to smiled mischievous as she continued. "I'm gonna roast him until grandpa- I mean leader of the New Squidbeak Splatoon comes back." DJ Octavio where sitting and hold an ice pack over his right eyes, looked not so scared by Marie's plan.

Marie turned back to Summer and motion her to come forward and then she did reach her, did Marie put down her umbrella and grab Summers hands. "You've really impressed me and I can't thank you enough for all you have done for Inkopolis, but also for me."

Now they stood there and looked at each other eyes, green into golden. Soon Marie began to move her head closers and Summer's hearts were beating fast. Marie's hearts was also beating fast, but she kept moving closer and closer.

Now it was only inches from each other and they prepared them self for the kiss then Marie's phone began to ring (Evil smile).

They quickly pulled away from each other while they are blushing hard. Marie pick up her phone and see it is Callie. Meanwhile summer looked around and see Octavio sitting and grinning meanly at them, which Summer founds annoying. She were about to say something when she saw something pass Octaivo that made her forget about him.

"Calm down Callie. What is it about something in the harbour of Inkopolis" said Marie while she talked on the phone. Summer pulled Marie's arm a little to get her attention. "What is it! I'm speaking with Cal..." retorted Marie before she saw that Summer and Dj Octavio where staring at.

"Whatta Hell is that!!!" they all shouted.