The awakening (Agent 8)

A Song. She heard a song in the darkness. She did not know why, but the song felt liberated to her soul. She felt free when she heard it, not knowing why. Soon the song began to fade. She wanted the song to continued, but she could not anything. After some second, there was only darkness.

Suddenly a voice broke the silence and a light began to shine. As the voice get louder, the light began the shine brighter and soon hers eyes began to open. "AHOY! OCTOLING! Some shouted "Up and at'em, ya lazy whiffle-whaffle!" Hers eyes was now fully open and she saw an old man with glasses staring at her from some inches away. The old man said "This fight ain't over! Prepare for a royal whoopin'!" while his face got even closer. She winced and crawl back some, creating some distends between them.

The old man looks little puzzled of her action, but continued by saying "but ther's no honor in defeating an unarmed opponent... and you seem have lost your weapon somewhere around here." He began to look around for something, probably her weapon.

She sat there and looks at this old inkling who was wearing an old white sailor hat, a pair of dark grey glasses, a green saggy jumper with a sipper, a matching pair of green joggers and a pair of black slip-ons with a pair of white tube socks.

"And just where is...here...anyway?" he ask suddenly. She winced again, as she was so focus to look at this strange old man, she was not ready when he spoke again. "Last I remember, you and your squad were battling my protégé, Agent 3, in Octo valley...when all of us were suddenly attacked by someone."

She was very confused, a fight, her squad, Agent 3, Octo valley, attack by someone. She doesn't remember a thing. She doesn't know this old inkling, she doesn't know she were they are, she doesn't know who... Her thought stop. She doesn't know WHO she is! Not her age, not her family, not her own name.

The old inkling continue, not noticed the confused expression the octoling has. "And somehow we got marooned here..." "So, uh... hows about we call a temporary truce while we find a way to escape?"

"But where are my manners..." he said. "I haven't even told you my name! I'm Cap'n Cuttlefish, leader of legendary New Squibeak Splatoon!" She felt some as he said those last words. New Squibeak Splatoon sound familiar, she did not know why. Cap'n Cuttlefish continue by asking "And you are...?" and for the first time noticing the confused face the octoling had.

She answered "I don't Know" Cap'n Cuttlefish look at her and said "By kraken... You have lost your memory! You can't remember anything about yourself? Anything at all?!" She shook her head. Now when she was fully wake and had come to the conclusion that she has memory loss, she felt lost and scared.

"Most interesting..." Said Cap'n Cuttlefish. "I noticed you were humming the Calamari Inkantation right before you came to..." She felt some again, the same feeling as he mention New Squibeak Splatoon, only stronger. She remember two inklings one with green hair and one with pink hair singing for the Octoarians and the song the same in her dreams.

"Could it be?" Cap'n Cuttlefish said some thought "Has this heavenly melody been etched into your very soul?!" She was quite as memory of the two inklings and the song finds its place in her head. "I'll take your stunned silence as a YES!" Cap'n Cuttlefish said which made the octoling return back to the present.

"I've heard tell of Octarians whose souls were etched by those squidtastic grooves..." he continues. "But that was a couple years back, during Agent 3's battle with DJ Octavio." A new memory emerged from her mind. She remembers that while the two inklings where performing, a fight between Dj Octavio and a inkling occurred at the same time. The Inkling, she had two tentacles hanging from each side of her face and hair color of her hair was... light green, yes that was her color.

"Still... I can't shake the feeling that this is related somehow." Cap'n Cuttlefish said. "In any case, sorry for siccing Agent 3 on you back there. Any fan of the squid Sisters is a friend of mine, and I mean that with all of my hearts." He reached out to help her on her feet. She grab his hand and got up.

She knew that this old inkling was someone she could trust and it sees that he help her remembering about her past, unknowingly. She knew by some strange instinct that her best bet on regain her memory and escape this place lay with him.

"Now we need to getmoving!" Cap'n Cuttlefish said. "Let's find a way outta here!"