The Telephone (Agent 8)

"Well, we found a way out..." Cap'n Cuttlefish said with some relief, but soon said. "Sort of..." They have entered what look like a working underground, considering that it is more tidy here and that all the lights work.

Still it was a relief to find this place. The Octoling and Cuttlefish had spent hour finding a way out from the broken railway train and semi collapsed tunnel.

At one point she found a not totally smash mirror, so she now know how she look. She has light brown skin, deep blue eyes and dark pink tentacurl. She was wearing a one-sleeve black jacket, a black short skirt and black boots with heels. She also was wearing two yellow bands, one around her right leg and one around her left wrist. She thought that those two bands did not fit well with the rest of her outfit. She asked Cap'n Cuttlefish if she wear them when she fought Agent 3, but he did not remember.

As they looked around, the Octoling heard a phone ringing and noticed a telephone box. As she approach, it was clear that the ringing came from it. A soon she got within a few feet of it, It spoke. "[SEACHING FOR USER ID...]" She winced and jumps back. It continued "[USER 10000 CONFIRMED]" and now it sounded like it was process something. Soon it went quiet for a seconded, when it said "Greetings, 10,008. Your current location is: Deepsea Metro Central Station."

The octoling look at the telephone box with confused expression. "Why did it call me 10,008?" she thought. The phone continued "My primary function is to facilitate your journey to the Promised Land. Pleased to make your acquaintance." "Uh...Promised land?" She asked confused. The phone started to buzz and make some strange noise. "[ASSESSING COMMUNCATION EFFICIENCY] [EFFICENCY: 12.42%] [ENABLING CONTEMPORARY SPEECH MODE]." It went quite again, before continue. "What is crackalacking, home skillet? Let us bounce to the Promised land fo sho."

The octoling thought about what the phone said. "I believe it will tell me what the Promised land is or something." She wasn't sure. The phone continue "I am bout it bout it, so listen while I [SLANG_NOT_FOUND] you the facts. You have spent your entire life in the dark. Your eyes closed to the new hotness that awaits."

Now she was curious. "The Promised land. A utopia of light beyond your wildest dreams, it is all that and a bag of cool beans." said the phone "I will take you to the Promised land now." It paused, before it shouted "NOT!" The octoling winced again. "HA HA HA. Psyche out." The phone laugh. The octoling was not amused and glared. The phone seems to ignore her stare and contained "Only cats who have proven themselves can [ERROR] the Promised land. Do you dig, dog?" There have been 10,007 applicants so far, which makes you applicant 10,008." It said "This opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo. Good luck and [SLANG_NOT_FOUND]."

She did not trust this phone at all. She thought this whole 'Promised land thing' sound like a hoax. She turned and looked at Cap'n Cuttlefish. He looked also skeptical at the phone.

"This is Deepsea Metro Central Station, the realio dealio central hub of the facility" the phone said. "Here is your CQ-80 and CQ card. They are so bad" and began to spit out a card and that look like a small and fat controller with a single stick on it.

The octoling move forward and stood hesitated before she pick up the card and the controller. The phone added "Guard them with your lizzife, because if you lose them, you will be [ERROR]. Now come on ride the train. Outie 5000." After spoken these last word it when silence.

"Applicant 10,008, eh" Cap'n Cuttlefish said. "That's a beakful. I think I'll just call you Agent 8 if you are all right with it." She thought "I guess that is better than nothing, at least until I remember my name." She said. "Good" Cap'n Cuttlefish said "Now...This 'Promised land' must be the surface." "I wonder how deep underground we are..." he asked and added "There's no time to waste! C'mon, Agent 8! Let's get a move on."

Soon the heard a traincoming and soon the so the light. The train stopped at the platform and openedthe door. Agent 8 stood there and looked at the train. She had a bad feelingabout the Promised land, all the other applicant, the phone, everything downhere, but the only way out from here lays with this train. She felt a hand onher exposit are and looked at the old inkling how smiled kindly at her. So she steels herself and boarded the train.