A Beautiful Name (M4ire)

Eight in the morning, one could hear that somebody was working out on the roof of an apartment. This somebody was Summer.

Sweat drip from her body from the two hour exercises she were doing. She worked out at least two times a week, which was enough to be in shape. Soon she was finished, so she grabbed her towel, wipe of some of her sweat and went down to her apartment.

It had now been a week since she moved to Inkopolis and lots of things has happen, like meet her old friend, doing turf war, doing part-time job at Grizzco and much more. Of course the biggest thing was to become an agent for the New Squidbeak Splatoon and meet Marie.

At first she was annoyed by all of that. The enemy was weak and predicable and Marie's almost constant nagging her about stuff, like she need to by carful and you can't just charge in without a plan and so on. Like she needs a strategy for those Octariens. As she got deeper in their territory however, the Octariens became smarter and now she needs to plan her move to not get splat.

Summer was also little a happy that Marie had stop the nagging and provide some 'real' tips and warnings. Since she saw Marie for the first time, she wanted to know more about her.

With the help from the inknet and by talking with off the hook, she now knows quite a bit about Squid Sisters. What she didn't know were Callie where. She suspect that, considering that Marie talk with someone after every big fight with the Octariens, Callie was somewhere in Octo Valley.

Summer thought about this as she entered her apartment. She passed the big mirror that she recently acquired. She stops and looked at herself. Her slender, but muscular body shine a little from sweat. She went to the bathroom to shower.

It was planned that after lunch she would meet with Marie at the cabin to continue the search after the Giant Zapfich (And Callie), so she was planning to get some practise with those dualies that Sheldon let her borrow while she wait for the idol to came.

As she entered the shower and wondered what Marie was doing right now.

Marie was at that moment sitting at hers and Callie kitchen table drinking a cup of coffee and wondering that she will do until lunch. She had got up around seven a clock to get to work and half an hour later as she was on her way to the meet, she got a call telling her that the meeting got cancelled. After that, she returned to hers and Callie's apartment and wait until lunch.

She sat where watch the clock tick. She could go and do some turf war or something, but she didn't feel like doing anything other than to go to hers grandpa's cabin. Partly to continue the search for her cousin, but also to meet the short inkling she recruited.

At first Marie were annoyed at the agent, because she always charged in without a thought of her own wellbeing. Marie constantly told agent 4 to stop act like it was a suicide mission she went out on. The agent didn't care what Marie said to her, which made her dislike the agent. Couldn't the short inkling understand that she speak for her wellbeing.

This continued until they reach the deep in Octo Valley. Marie where at this point planning to stop her the agent from continued until she learn to take it careful, when the short inkling stop charging in and instead took more time planning her move.

Marie was speechless by this. How come she had not planned anything then she went out on her mission before and she did. Marie had later asked why she never thought of a strategy before. Agent 4 answered shocked her.

"I never needed to. They were predictable and rarely ever came in any big numbers, but now they are more alert, smarter and more numerical." She added after seen the shocked look on the idol "Have you ever seen me get splat or for that matter seen me get hit by a shot?"