The First Test (Agent 8)

"I'm pooped, Agent 8" Said Cap'n Cuttlefish as he sat down on one of the seat on the train.

"Gonna rest my cuttlebones here for a bit" he continued. The octoling sat down opposite of the old inkling, she was also tired.

After some minuets the door to their wagons opened and a blue sea cucumber with small conductor cap crawled in. Then the door had closed behind it, it spoke. "I am your humble conductor, C.Q. Cumber" he said.

Cap'n Cuttlefish looked little shocked at the small conductor and said "You gotta be squiddin' me! A talkin' sea slug"! The sea cucumber turned to the old inkling. "Pardon me?" he said with a hint of annoyance in his voice, but continued with his normal voice. "I take this is your first time riding with us..."

He crawled forward toward them, but it took time. Eventually he reached them and raised his head up and said. "Here's the deal..." "We're in a vast underground facility operated by the Kamabo Corporation..." He continued "It's a series of test chambers connected by the Deepsea Metro subway system."

He then turn to Agent 8 and looked at the control that the weird telephone gave her. "I see that you're in possession of a CQ-80 device" He said. "I take it your aim is to reach the Promised Land?" Agent 8 unsure what to answered, simple nodded. "That's right! We want out of here" Cap'n Cuttlefish said.

C.Q.Cumber turns to the old inkling and nodded. "Understood" he said like a servant. He when continued. "The Promised Land is a paradise to which we denizens of the depths are forbidden entry." Agent 8 was about to asked why the denizens of the depths are not allowed to enter The Promised Land, when the sea cucumber continued his explanation. "To reach it, you must pass a test at each Deepsea Metro Station" he said. "You must also find and collect the four thangs."

Agent 8 was now confused. "Thangs, don't you mean things?" C.Q.Cumber ignored her question and continued. "When all four THANGS have been gathered, the door to the Promised Land shall open." Cap'n Cuttlefish thought about what the conductor had said. "So all we gotta do is pass some tests and find some thangs and we can go home?" Cap'n Cuttlefish asked. C.Q.Cumber hesitated. "I believe so..."

He when quieted for a bit, but continued again. "Let me show you to your first test. Activate your CQ-80 by pressing the joystick down." Agent 8 did so and a projected screen showed up from the CQ-80. She and Cap'n Cuttlefish were surprised by this. "Oho! What in the blazes?!" exclaimed Cap'n Cuttlefish "Technology these days..."

On the screen they so a yellow line with four whole squares in it. Just under the line, about the centre of the line, there were yellow circles that were connected to the line. In the circle was some symbol that agent 8 did not know. Above the line they saw something write there. It said A00 Central Station. Just as the read that, one of the squares, the one closest to the circle, changed to an orange circle.

"This is the Deepsea Metro map" said C.Q.Cumber. "Go ahead and select a destination"

The octoling moved up the marker to the orange circle and a new text where showed. It said A05 Fake Plastic Station. "Not the best name on a station" she thought and noticing something more on the screen. Right under the stations name, there were an arrow pointing right and a text saying 'Get to the goal!' On the top right side of the screen were a text that said 'test fee 100', a symbol showing an octoling x 3 and a splattershooter.

She guessed that this is the first test and pressed the mark station. "Very good." The sea cucumber said. "Now departing for the first test. We will be there in some minutes." C.Q.Cumber crawled back to the previous wagon, leaving the octoling and inkling by them self.

A soon as the door closed Agent 8 said "I don't like this. Too many things feel wrong about it all." Cap'n Cuttlefish nodded. "I agree" he said "But what else can we do right now? We can't get out of here until we found those thangs." Agent 8 was still little irritated that they were called thangs and not things, but she nodded. "I guess..., but we need be on our guard."