The New Agent (M4ire)

After have swum for almost a minute she reach the other side of the squidhole and jump out. She looked around not knowing where she was, but as she looked at the horizon she could see Inkopolis. "Well...it's clear that I am not in Inkopolis anymore" she thought.

Soon she saw a cabin and in front of it, stood the inkling from before with her back against Summer. Summer scratch her back head, she was not good talking with strangers, especially when they were beautiful.

"Hmm..." the inkling said "The Octarians..." and now she turn around. Summer could not stop her cheek from blushing, the inkling was even more beautiful now she was closer. "Hey..." the inkling said, which dragged Summer back to the reality. "You showed up! As soon as I saw you aimlessly wandering around the square, I knew you were the one" Summer was shocked, could it be that this inkling likes her too, can it be true. "NO" Summer thought dragging herself out of her head "There must be a catch, but if..." she decided that she should wait and see.

"I'm Marie." The inkling said "I know you're probably a bit star struck, but I need you to get over it." Summer looked little confused, why should be star struck over that her name were Marie. "Yes, I'm THAT Marie." She continued, not noticing the confused expression on the yellow inkling. "You know...from the Squid Sisters." She said while she did a pose somewhat similar to that of the Off the Hook.

Summer thought for a second. The name Squid Sisters sounded familiar, she had heard that name before, but couldn't remember where. "Nope, I have no idea how you are." Summer said.

Marie was shocked. "You've never heard of me? For eel?" Marie asked. Summer shook her head. Marie was stunned for some second before she continued. "Well, you obviously aren't very cultured, but you'll have to do" Summer glared annoyed at Marie, but said nothing. "See, I've got a little...thing I need some help with." Marie said. "By now you'hve heard that the Great Zapfish that powers Inkopolis square is missing." Summer raised one of her eyebrows. "Yeah" Summer answered. Marie continued "Well, it's not just missing-it's been squidnapped by Octarian menace!"

Summer raised now both her eyebrows. "And how do you know it's them?" asked Summer. "Because on the surface, I may just look like an absurdly talented pop star..." "But in truth...I'm Agent 2 of the New Squidbeak Splatoon, a secret society of heroes who save the world from Octarians!" Summer looked not impressed and Marie saw this and hastily added "Now, I've been trying to keep an eye on the Octarians in my downtime, but I'm a busy girl."

As she said the lasted word, she went quieted and looked way with a little sad expression on her face. Summer saw this and forget that she was beginning feeling annoyed. "Umm...Are you alright? You looked sad." Summer asked little hesitated. She didn't know why, but she wanted to comfort this inkling as looking at her now made hers heart really heavy.

Marie winced. "Uhm...What? Yes, I'm alright. I just was thinking." She answered hastily

"Anyway..." she continued "I need YOU to get the Great Zapfish back from the slimy Octarians! So, what do you say? Are you in?"

Summer thought now hard about it. She did not like Marie's bossy personality, but she felt she could not leave her be either. The idea of fighting octeriens felt like a hassle, but it could be good training. Summer was so deep in thought that she did not noticing the awkward silence.

Marie stood waiting for an answered. "Soooooooo..." Marie said hoping to get a reaction from the yellow inkling, but got no one. "I'll take your awkward silence as a yes?" she asked. Summer seems to finally noticing that Marie wanted an answered of some kind. She quickly answered "Uhm...ohh...YES, I will do it"

Marie smiled, while made Summer cheeks blush again. "Welcome aboard!" She said. "You are now Agent 4 of the New Squidbeak Splatoon." She walks in to the cabin and came out with a weird headset, light green jacket, a pair of that look like snowshoes and an ink weapon.

"I even bought you a brand-new Hero Suit as a signing bonus." Marie said while motioned Summer to come and take the gear. Summer moved closer and grabs the gear, while she said her thanks. "You can put them on to see that they fit." Summer looked around for a place to change and decided to go around the cabin and change there.

Soon she had put on the gear and walk back to Marie. Marie said with a hint of relive "Look at that-it fits like a glove!" "So now" she continued "let's go tear those Octarians limb from limb from limb from limb from limb from-" She stop herself, before she continued with little blush cheeks "Well...you get the picture." Summer nodded, little amused to Marie blush.

As soon had entered thefirst squidhole, Marie let out relieved sigh. She never thought that it wouldbe this hard to find a new agent. She looked in the direction the short inklinghad gone. She was glad to found an agent, all that was to see if she can do itor not, but she hope she would not need to find another agent. Mainly becauseit is hard to scout people, but also because that this short yellow inkling wascute.