A Big Suprise (Pearlina)

A digital alarm clock rang. A pink inkling stirs and utters some small curses. No matter how many times, she still hate going up early. Pearl looked at the clock, it showed 7:32. She needs to go up in about half an hour, so she grab her phone and started to see what everyone thinks about Off the Hook, Marina and herself.

After some time she put away her phone with little mix feeling, she was happy that the Off the Hook and Marina got lots of positive remark. Pearl herself hade also got some positive remark, but also negative remark. This is not something new, she has always been pick-a-on for different reason, like been short, that she has a massive forehead, that she buy her way up in the world and other harsh statement.

Pearl just lay in her bed and stared up at the ceiling. She turned her head to see what time it was. It was 8:25. "Fuck!!! I am Late!!!" she shouted, while she jump out of her bed. She rush in to hers privet bathroom to do her morning needs, after that she got dressed and run down to the kitchen.

Marina sat by the kitchen island drinking her coffee with a toast with cloudberry jam while reading one of her manga she recently acquired. Soon she heard some noise and running feet coming from up stairs. Marina looked at the clock and smiled. She put away the manga and waited for Pearl to come down.

Five minutes later, Pearl rush down the stairs and shout "MARINA, WE ARE LATE!!!!"As Pearl reached the kitchen, Marina said "Good morning Pearl!"

Pearl, who now was confused, wondering why Marina was so calm, while she ate her toast? Why had Marina not finished her breakfast and check on her to see if she was awake? Marina is an early bird, even on days off she always wake around seven a clock.

Marina smiled, which got Pearls hearts to skip a beat, and point to the big clock in the kitchen.Pearl looked at the clock. It showed 8:05. Pearl stood there complete confused. Marina giggled. "Pearl, you put your clock backward half an hour so you would not be late" Marina said. It took Pearl five full seconds, before she facepalm herself, while she blushed. "uhh I forget" Pearl said. Marina thought that Pearl look so cute, before she pushed away the thought.

"Pearl" Marina said. Pearl looked at Marina, hoping that the blush had gone away. "Yes?" Pearl asked. "Do you know why you pulled back your clock?" Marina asked. Pearl Smiled happy. "Because today the first Splatfest, since two years ago, will start today" she shouted.

Marina smiled. She thought Pearl was adorable cute and she wanted hug her, kiss, she wanted... "Marina?" asked Pearl "Are you alright?" Marina winced. "Uhh aa what?" she said while her cheeks flushed. "I asked if you were alright." Pearl said, "You did not respond when I ask you if you are excited about the Splatfest" "Ohh I am fine" said Marina hurriedly "I just thought about what the first Splatfest will be about."

Pearl look a little suspected at her friend, but drop it as she so what the clock was. She grabs a glass with orange juice and a toast with mayo and ate it hurriedly. Marina looked at the toast with some disgust. She has nothing against mayo. A little in some dishes can make it taste better, but Pearl would have it for almost everything and a lot too.

Marina walks to the garage to take out her bike with sidecar, while Pearl ate her breakfast.About five minutes, they were on their way. Today was a beautiful summer day with no cloud.

Marina love driving on sort's day, she felt so alive and free when driving on her bike. Pearl like also this kind of day, because like sitting in the sidecar feeling the wind on her face, the bright scenery and most imported thing. Marina's happy face and her bicker outfit, which was damn sexy according to Pearl. When Pearl first saw her friend in that outfit, she got nosebleed and had to come up with a hasty explanation.

In about fifteen minutes, they arrived near the studio and got in. They were standing and wait exiting for the clock to turn nine. "Okay girls, you will be live in ten seconds." The producer Said. "Five, four, there, two, one and you are live".

"Y'all know what time it is!" pearl said. "It's Off the Hook, coming at you Live from inkopolis Square!" Marina answered. They went through all a current stages as normal, but it was for the film crew to see that the pop stars was excited about the reviling and revival of the Splatfest, of course they themselves were so too.

Now was the time for the big relive and Pearl was take a big breath and was about to start, when the producer and several other of the crew started to freak out."Uh...Why is our producer freking out?" asked Pearl "Read the teleprompter, Marina!""Huh? Let's see here..." Marina said. The screen showed that the Great Zapfish was gone."THIS JUST IN!" Marina shouted The Great Zapfish has...disappeared?!""WAIT, WHAT, for eels?!" shouted Pearl having a hard time controlling her surprised expression. "Wait, I feel like I've heard this story somewhere before..."

Before they could discuss about what was just relived and new image was shown, depicting Callie. "There's more!" Marina said with trembling voice, she was shocked about news, but still continue. "The Pop superstar Callie of the Squid Sisters has gone missing!"Pearl was stunned and when she shouted, almost screamed "NOOO! NOT CALLIE! This is terrible! Do something. Marina!"

Marina with a thought began to come up with ways to find Callie. She began to mutter quite load "Uh... Ok, I'll put together a search part-", she was interrupted by Pearl who said "whatever. I'm sure they'll turn up at some point". Pearl had realist what she had said and now she needs to play it cool to calm the masses and to stop her co-star from thinking out plans for findings Callie live.

"In other news..." Pearl continues. Marina did not notice Pearl attempt of calm everyone down and change subject. Marina said, "But shouldn't we form a search party or someth-", but stopped when she saw her co-star who looked sternly at her and shaped with her mouth that she would drop it.

The news shows continue and after said there catchphrase "Don't get cooked... Stay off the hook!" the two pop stars could sit down and talk about what just happened. "I can't believe that Callie has gone missing" Pearl said. Marina was quiet, she was sad that Callie had gone missing, Callie and Marie was together with Pearl the first friends she got when she came to Inkopolis.

Marina and Pearl continue the day as normal, the producer chose to postpone the announcement for the Splatfest for the moment, but Marina was uneasy and she the same thing. "Could it be his doing?" she thought.