THIRTY NINE | GOODBYE

JAMES POTTER WAS A HERO

JAMES POTTER WAS A HERO. He had saved Estella Bennett from herself more times than she could count, and she was completely and utterly sure that she would have never survived without him. He was her brother and her missing piece. A platonic soulmate, if you will. Her life was changed the day she met him, and he was probably the best thing that ever happened to her. Without him, she would have never befriended Sirius, Peter, or even Remus. She loved him as much as she loved Remus, but she would never tell anyone that. Though, they knew.

"Thank you for meeting me,"James had wrapped his arms around her tightly. They were in a secluded area that Estella had charmed for a couple hours. No one could see them, or their children. Little Harry had grown so much since she had last seen him, and Artemis could walk now. The little girl with multicolored hair went straight to the stroller that James had Harry in.

"I miss you,"Estella whispered into his shoulder quietly, holding on to him for dear life. They hadn't been able to meet up recently, with the war getting so intense, they have had to split off and go different missions. Of course, they always saw each other on the full moon. James never missed the chance to help Remus.

"Right back at you, Stellar,"James grinned. Estella didn't understand how he could still be so positive when his family was in danger."How is my little niece? How's Artie doing?"

The little girl giggled at the older man, making grabby hands for her godfather to hold her. James didn't hesitate to pick the little girl up and spin her around.

"She's growing fast and she's already giving Moony heart palpitations every time she had a magical outbursts. She likes to make the spoons float."

"Oh yeah?"

"And she's really good a breaking vases."

"Oh just like her mummy!" James cooed at the little girl, which made her giggle.

"Look, the reason I called you here."

"They didn't find you, did they?"James immediately asked with concern.

"No, not yet, but they will if I don't go into hiding,"Estella breathed out, biting down her bottom lip nervously."My mum had a cabin with plenty of land that could keep me and my family safe. But I can't leave the property until my keeper tells me everything is safe. I have an house elf that can leave, but only to do the essentials. She is sworn to secrecy so she won't be able to tell anyone where I am."

"Merlin!"James cursed,"Are you going tonight?"

"I am, but I don't want anyone to suspect anything so I'm leaving Artemis and Remus for little while, and then they will join me in a month."