THIRTY THREE | ONE LAST TIME

SNOW FELL DOWN ON THE GROUND OF HOGWARTS LIKE A COZY BLANKET

SNOW FELL DOWN ON THE GROUND OF HOGWARTS LIKE A COZY BLANKET. It glistened in the sunlight of the afternoon, as the sun slowly set. It was Christmas break and the halls were quiet. Most of the students had gone home for the break to be with their families, but few had chosen to stay. Among those few were Estella Bennett, Lily Evans, Marlene McKinnon, and the Marauders.

Estella Bennett was in paradise as winter took over Hogwarts. She was wrapped in a fluffy white scarf and a light blue winter coat with brown combat boots. Her pink hair peaked out from the delicate beanie with a fuzzy ball on the top. She rubbed her winter gloves hands together as her cheeks turned pink from the cold. She was adorable, thought Remus. All wrapped up in her winter clothes and she couldn't care less about the cold as they walked down the path in Hogsmeade. Snow flurries around them in a perfect scene. Estella felt like she was in her own little snow globe.

"What are you smiling so big about?"Remus breathed out, his breath turning into fog in the cold. He was wrapped up in his own Gryffindor scarf and beanie. He wore a thick sweater that kept warm, though he tended to radiate warmth anyway.

"Just us, and the snow,"Estella grinned as she wrapped her hand in his as they strolled through the snowy pathway,"You know how much I love winter."

"I am aware, yes,"Remus squeezed her hand in a comforting way,"You have been particularly chipper today."

"I'm just happy, Moonshine,"She told him,"You are a huge part of that."

The comment made Remus' face red even though they had been dating for over a year now. It had even been two years since their first kiss, but neither of them had really talked about that kiss since the whole fight about it that year.

"I'm glad,"Remus grinned down at her, planting a sweet kiss on her lips as they walked. They kept it short so that Estella didn't trip."Are you excited for Christmas? Despite spending it in the shrieking shack with your werewolf boyfriend?"

"I happen to love my werewolf boyfriend,"She teased,"I always look forward to the holidays. And as long as we all spend it together, it will be perfect."

"I just want you to have a good holiday,"Remus admitted,"I don't want to ruin it with my shift."

"Don't be ridiculous, moonshine," Estella scoffed playfully,"You are what makes the holidays good. Is that so hard to believe?"

"I guess not," Remus murmured. Though, she knew he was lying for her sake. Estella would spend the rest of her life trying to convince this boy that he was enough.

"I can't believe how fast this year is going,"Estella changed the subject.

"Yeah, I feel like the last year always goes by the fastest,"Remus admitted,"I mean, we're half way through. It's...unreal."