𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 | 𝗚𝗥𝗬𝗙𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗢𝗥

ESTELLA BENNETT KNEW A SECRET BREWED INSIDE OF HER

ESTELLA BENNETT KNEW A SECRET BREWED INSIDE OF HER. She knew that she didn't know everything about her life, and she wanted to trust her father, she did.

But she couldn't stop thinking about what James had said the other day about her father worrying about her because of what happened to her mother.

Estella was on her way to the library, and she knew that if she looked up old articles that she'd be able to find out what happened to her mum. She wasn't actually sure if she was going to look into it at all or if she was just going to studying.

It didn't seem to matter anymore when she heard a yell, making her pick up the pace to find the source of the voice.

It came from a first year in hufflepuff robes. It seemed Evan Rosier, Lucius Malfoy, and Severus Snape were having their own fun tormenting the girl.

"Why don't you idiots move along?"Estella spoke up, finding herself in front of the girl in an instance.

Lucius scoffed,"Why don't you go find your mud-blood, Bennett? Or is this your mud-blood now?"

Just as she gripped her wand with anger inside of her, Rosier quickly disarmed her. Her wand flew away from her, and she glared at him.

"Three against one, isn't that a little unfair?"Estella seethed.

"Life's not fair, Bennett,"Malfoy spat, and the three of them murmured the same curse.

Estella's hand came up in instinct to somehow protect herself, but then...something miraculous happened. As the curse was about to land, it was deflected and sent a wave of energy that knocked the three boys off their feet.

In anger, Rosier rose and sent another curse her way but she managed to deflect that too.

She dueled the Slytherin as best she could, and it was clear that Estella had better instinct. She was going to win.

Until Severus Snape cursed her from behind, a spell she had not idea existed.

Sectumsempra

Estella fell to the ground as blood spurted from her body as lacerations formed over her torso. Malfoy added a quick binding jinx to keep her in place while Rosier silenced her.

All while the first year watched in horror.

"Someone's coming!"Snape told them in a hushed yell,"We have to go, c'mon."

Estella's vision had gone spotty as she gasped for air, and she stared at the ceiling until Lily Evans bent over her.

"Estella?"The redhead asked in panic,"It's gonna be okay, I promise, we're—"