TWENTY TWO | UNEXPECTED LOVE

ESTELLA BENNETT AND JAMES POTTER HAD JUST FINISHED THEIR LATE NIGHT DETENTION

ESTELLA BENNETT AND JAMES POTTER HAD JUST FINISHED THEIR LATE NIGHT DETENTION. After the huge Slytherin common room debacle, they were still serving detention, which was a buzz killer because it took time away from their friends.

"Only more month of this,"James groaned,"I'm going out of my mind."

"At least we have detention together,"Estella was doing her best to stay positive.

"It just sucks that now that Lily wants to hang out with us, I am never there. She spends all her time with Sirius. How is that fair?"

"Why is everyone so jealous of Sirius?"

"Because he's so lovable."

"That's...fair, actually,"Estella chuckled, linking her arm with James as they made it back up to the Gryffindor tower.

"And don't get me wrong, I'm also jealous of Lily because I never get any time with the lads either."

"At least you have me,"Estella chirped,"You'll always have me."

"And you'll always have me,"James replies sweetly with a little laugh,"When did we get so sappy?"

"I have no fucking clue."

"How do you think Lily's day went?" James asked,"I mean, after the whole fallout between Sirius and Snape."

"I still can't believe that he managed to knock Padfoot out,"Estella shook his head,"And I wanted nothing more than to help but I was terrified, J. I thought that if I got involved that powers...I didn't want to kill him on accident."

"You dragged Sirius out of there,"James sighed,"We shouldn't be fighting Snape anymore. I don't care about him. It was wrong to be so cruel to him, I realize that now, but if he is serious about starting something, I will get involved."

"I get that, but I can't. I could literally kill him."

"Don't worry,"James assured her,"I'll take care of it."

"I just hope he doesn't bother Lily."

ღ ღ ღ

Lily Evans was astonished that Severus Snape dares to approach her. The dark-haired Slytherin has chosen to come to her when she was alone. James and Estella were in detention. Remus had prefect duties. Marlene and Sirius had chosen to sneak off to Honeydukes tonight. So Lily was killing time in the library until James got out of detention. Sure, it was almost past curfew when Severus entered the quiet library.