𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 | 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗞𝗘𝗘𝗣𝗦

ESTELLA BENNETT NEVER INTENDED to play Quidditch competitively

ESTELLA BENNETT NEVER INTENDED to play Quidditch competitively. She loved the sport, there was doubt about that. Her father was a famed Keeper for Merlin's sake, of course she loved the sport. She could fly better than she could walk. It was just always something she did for fun, or to help James practice over summer holidays.

She never thought she would be contemplating actually trying out for the Gryffindor team, despite James' constant pestering that the team needed a keeper as good as her. Up until this year, she had been able to protest that Gryffindor already had a keeper, and she didn't fancy any other position.

However, this year was different, the keeper slot had opened and James was even more insistent. He was positive that she would enjoy it and that they would dominate the pitch together. She wasn't so sure.

Theodore Fletcher was the one who convinced her to try.

The Ravenclaw boy was becoming a close companion of Estella's. They shared a couple study sessions and over the past few weeks, they had been spending more time together since Remus seemed to drop off the face of the Earth. So yes, Estella was finding herself in company of the Ravenclaw instead of being ignored by the Gryffindor.

The other lads didn't seem to enjoy that fact they weren't the only ones in her life. James had turned quite dramatic, going on about how she was replacing him until she agreed to spend the day with him.

Theodore was different from the Marauders. Trouble didn't linger around him, and that was refreshing for Estella. He had tons of questions, though, about her ability to change her appearance and her life in general. He wanted to know all the struggles she experienced as a child in the press. She enjoyed the time they shared. Theodore was a good distraction from her growing feelings for Remus.

Estella had spent the past two years pining for the werewolf and this was the year she'd stop being so damn miserable about it.

Theodore was a great help with this because he wasn't a part of their inside circle and he didn't try to meddle in her friendship with Remus.

How Theodore manage to convince Estella to come for Gryffindor quidditch tryouts, she had no idea. At first, she accused him of acting on her father's wishes for her to follow in his footsteps, but the Ravenclaw assured her that he was just trying to encourage her to participate in something she would enjoy.

And he was right. She did enjoy it.

She never intended to play on Gryffindor's quidditch team, yet here she was on the pitch at noon on a Saturday for tryouts. Estella hadn't even told James about her plans.

She managed to slip into try-outs without James or Sirius seeing her in the changing rooms, thank Merlin. Estella changed into the crimson sport robes, taking a deep breath in hopes of easing the nervous feeling flowing through her body.

Once she finished, she grabbed her broom with a tight grip and strode out onto the field.

Sirius was the first to notice her and quickly hit James on the shoulder to get him to turn around. The messy-haired teenager turned sharply to hit Sirius back when he saw her.