TWENTY EIGHT | SNIVELLUS

THE NIGHT OF THE FULL MOON BROUGHT THE WORST

THE NIGHT OF THE FULL MOON BROUGHT THE WORST. There was no denying that this full moon, like all the full moons since the death of Hope Lupin, would be a night of horror. Yet, this one took the cake. The day leading up to the event, Remus was trying to stay positive. He wanted to wish a good transformation into existence, but his luck had run out.

"I swear to Merlin, Prongs, if you don't stop writing so loud, I'm going to lose it."

"I have to do my Transfiguration homework, Moony, I can't just stop,"James grumbled from his side of the table in the Library.

"Moons,"Estella soothed,"Maybe we could go back to  your room."

"No, no, you want to do Merlin research and I'm helping,"Remus insisted, glaring at James' quill as the messy-haired boy wrote as fast as possible."Godric, you're handwriting is terrible."

"Merlin's Beard, please stop,"Sirius groaned, leaning back in his chair."You two are being insufferable right now."

"I miss Lily,"Peter muttered,"She usually makes James cheerier."

"We're not finding anything today, Moons. Let's just go back to your room,"Estella sighed,"I'm tired, and I know you are too. The full moon is tomorrow and you need to get as much rest as possible."

"I have things to do anyway,"Sirius said, closing his book as he earned all of their confused looks."What? I have a life outside of little group."

"What are you going to do? Marlene?"Peter asked, which managed to get a small chuckle out of Remus.

"Shove it, Wormtail,"Sirius snapped.

"Damn, Pads, it was just a joke,"Peter raised his hands in defense.

"I have to get out of here, we are all too tense to be around each other right boy,"Estella breathed,"Goodbye, love you all."

She grabbed Remus by his sleeve and led them out of there as soon as possible. Estella pulled the boy along to the Great Hall. She wanted to make sure her boyfriend had enough strength, so he needed to eat.

"I wonder what Sirius is actually up to?"Remus asked with a frown.

"He's probably causing trouble,"Estella told him as they slid on to the bench at the table. Food magically appeared before them, and Estella could think was bless the house elves. She was so hungry after skipping breakfast this morning to study.

"I don't know, he's been so distracted lately,"Remus added, spooning some food onto his plate."He's been up the wall recently. He got into another altercation with Snape, did you know? I had to give both of them detention."