THIRTY ONE | THE BEST YEAR

THE SUMMER OF 1977 WENT BY IN A BLUR

THE SUMMER OF 1977 WENT BY IN A BLUR. With a war raging on, the Marauders found little time to actually cause chaos. The wizarding world was on alert and everyone was being cautious. Over the summer, Lily Evans had begun to stay with Estella in fear for her parents safety. She would visit her family, often bringing James along with her, but mostly she stayed with Estella.

However, they did find some light in this whole summer of darkness. Lily had said multiple times that love always prevails, and in the end, love will save all of them all. This was her excuse for spending every day with James in bliss while this war happened, at least for now. Every single one of them had already decided to join the order.

In fact, Estella had already begun the first part of training for her career to be an Auror. With all the chaos, they had let her start early and would work with throughout her seventh year. She had even finished her Transfiguration portion of her training. However, she wasn't focused on that right. At the moment, she decided to focus on what was important, and that was the present.

Estella and James has spent the summer showing Lily Evans and Sirius Black how to live the Potter-Bennett way, as they liked to say.

"Does it always get this hot here?"Lily fanned herself from the lounge chair by the pool in the Bennett Manor's back yard.

"Yes,"James answered quickly. All four of the teenagers were sprawled out and laid back in chairs, tanning their worries away while summer was still here. "It helps if you just don't move at all."

"Why don't you guys ever get in the pool?"Sirius inquired.

"You have to get really hot and then the water will feel so nice,"Estella explained for the millionth time, adjusting her pink sunglasses to block the sun from her eyes.

"Or you could just get in the fucking water."

"He does have a point,"Lily murmured with a smile.

Estella shook her head, his pink locks moving with her head. She loved the sunshine, and at the beginning of the summer, she had been insecure in her high waisted bathing suit. Her scarred thigh had fully healed, but the three long, thick, and jagged scratches were forever etched on to her porcelain skin. The savage marks went down her entire thigh and were a very noticeable red that wouldn't go away. Estella had tried to transfigure her leg to what it used to be, but it was useless. There was no way to heal werewolf scars.

However, she had taken a new attitude and she was going to embrace her scars. She almost died, and she still managed to come out in the end. Estella had protected someone, and these scars would remind her that she saved someone. That meant it was worth it.