THIRTY EIGHT | THE CHOSEN ONE

ESTELLA LUPIN AND ALASTOR MOODY HAD WRECKED HAVOC

ESTELLA LUPIN AND ALASTOR MOODY HAD WRECKED HAVOC. Death Eaters had once again stuck a village, attempting to leave more destruction in their wake. Estella and her mentor had gotten a message about the next attempt and quickly went to aid the next town. They were waiting with other members of the Order of the Phoenix when the Death Eaters attacked. Her husband was somewhere near with James Potter and Sirius Black. Other members such as Kingsley Shacklebolt and the Prewett Twins were filtered through the town as defense.

Estella's usual pink hair was a covert black that she didn't stand out in the darkness of the night. She wore a dark, long and sleek coat that covered her high-waisted pants and flexible top. She had a variety of instruments on her figure to help with the mission including healing potions, antidotes to common and uncommon poisons, and an antidote to veritaserum. The later was something that Estella Lupin kept with her at all times, even at home. No matter what. In her field of work, there was always a risk and she never wanted the risk of exposing her friends or her husband, especially with Remus' condition. She carried it around to protect Remus' lycanthropy.

Estella panted our heavily as she casted a stunning spell against another death eater, effectively knocking him on his arse. The unique mask on the man's face stayed upon his mysterious face. The other Aurors quickly gathered up criminal. She peered out from behind the building that was shielding her, overlooking the street where the death eaters had dragged unbeknownst wizards and witches from their homes. Estella glanced back at her eccentric superior. Alastor Moody gave her a confirmation nod before they came out, wands blazing.

Louis Greengrass didn't stray from Estella's side, which was consistent in most of their missions. It was a promise she had made Theodore a long time ago, at least it felt that way. It felt like Louis was her responsibility, just like James was. They both had families at home, and she had dragged them here. Lily Evans was waiting for her husband to come home to her. His unborn son was waiting to meet him. And Louis had a newborn baby, the sweet Astoria Greengrass, and an ever-loving boyfriend.

Estella stepped into the middle off the street, deflecting the spells the death eaters shouted with a nonverbal spell. The other members of the order were tasked with rescue. Estella Lupin's directive was different, once the civilians were cleared, the woman sheathed her wand. If she was any other witch, she would have been vulnerable.

The death eaters laughed at this action, taunting the seemingly inexperienced auror. They were wrong.

Estella lifted his hands, the cold wind of the dark night flowed between her finger as the magic did through her body. A surge of magical power found itself at the very core of her being, and she focused in on it, just as she had read in the journal her mother had given her. She had been practicing for over a two years now with Alastor. The magic left in hands in a pink, fiery blast. The death eaters were thrown back at least a hundred kilometers. The masks were burned off, revealing the identities of several men.