DELETED SCENE #1

𝕊𝕌𝕄𝕄𝔼ℝ 𝔻𝔸ℤ𝔼
"𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚒 𝚍𝚘 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 ?"

𝕊𝕌𝕄𝕄𝔼ℝ 𝔻𝔸ℤ𝔼"𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚒 𝚍𝚘 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 ?"

july 1975

JAMES POTTER HAD FOUND HIMSELF IN ESTELLA BENNETT'S BEDROOM AT 3AM. He had snuck out of Potter Manor and into the Bennett mansion once again. It was a normal occurrence at this point as the pink-haired girl often felt lonely in the huge building.

Edward Bennett had returned that night before and had retreated to his bedroom after a simple dinner with his daughter. Estella still felt lonely, despite her being home. Sure, their relationship wasn't at its best, but she still missed him very time he left for Quidditch. She understood that coaching the team was important, but so was she.

"You okay, Stellar?"James Potter whispered with the note she sent in his scratched up hand."Your bloody bird scratched me again."

"Leave Apollo alone,"Estella murmured.

"What's wrong?"James questioned once again.

"Nothing, I just missed you,"Estella's lips turned into a small smile that mirrored James' grin. The teenager girl was sitting on the sill of her window, glancing up at the moon. The round orb illuminated the darkness of the sky. James sat across from her in the large sill.

"You worried about Moony?"

"Aren't I always?"

"Staring at the moon won't help, you know?"

"I know, but I'm bored, J."

"Can't sleep, can you?" He questioned.

"That nightmare...I had it again,"Estella admitted,"I didn't want to be alone, and I don't want to tell dad. He wouldn't understand. He never does."

"The one with the fire?"James asked curiously,  reaching a comforting hand out for her. Their hands rested where their knees met on the sill.

"It's like I can't make it out, you know? I mean, I'm surrounded by fire, and I know there is a woman, but she's...screaming and it just stops after a flash of green light...and then there are these figures that go down in the flame..."

"It sounds terrifying, as it usually does,"James frowned,"I'd be willing to stay up all night if it means you'll be okay."

"What would I do without you?"

❀❀❀

"Are you drunk?"questioned the pink-haired girl on a Saturday night in hot July. The Potters were on a short vacation that had allowed James to have a much needed alone time, except he had gotten into the Marauders' stash for a little fun.