Chapter one

Family. It's really important. Excually to my family. My family has a thing about loyalty. If you so much as break our trust, it's your life on the line. My family protects each other. You'd be surprised how many people were killed or put into the hospital. My family is not a normal family. We are dangerous. Feared all over the world. My father Carter Vice is the leader of the most feared italian mafia. My mother Kathrain Vice is the daughter of the leader of the mexican mafia, Antonio González.

But the only thing about having children in a mafia family, they become in danger the second they are made. If you're a boy in a mafia family, the moment you can talk is when they start training you. But if you're a girl, you don't start until you hit puberty. And when mafias are in war they like to go after loved ones. The weak ones. The girls. My parents knew this. That's why they sent me with one of their most trusted family friends. I was safe with them more than with my family who have guards around their house 24/7. Note the sassiness? After a week I was born, my parents sent me to their friends. Felik and Preston, they are brothers. My parents and my four older brothers would come visit me a few times a year. But that was before I turned ten, now they don't call nor visit anymore.

My parents told Felik and Preston to start training me once I turned five. They taught me how to fight, protect myself, how to fight with knives, how to get out of anything my hands are bound to. A year ago Felik and Preston took me to the underground for a fight. They just wanted to see how good I actually was, they never thought I was gonna win the fight. But I did, the girl I fought didn't even lay a hand on me. She didn't have time to, she was already knocked out as soon as she came after me. To say they were shocked was an understatement, hell everyone watching the fight couldn't even speak as I walked out of the building with Preston and Felik who both had two wads of cash in their hands.

Ever since that day, I had a lot of people wanting to fight me. Of course I fought them, I won and they lost. They would throw punches but I'd always dodge them before they hit me. I've never gotten hit, kicked, or even tackled to the floor. Felik and Preston never told my father about me fighting underground, but he found out. Someone he sent to keep an eye on me recorded me fighting and sent it to him. He was angry, so angry he almost made me move back with him and everyone else.

Key word, almost. It was too 'dangerous' for me to live with them at the time. At this point I'm starting to think they never wanted me. I know that's what every teenager that never gets the right amount of attention from their parents say, but if you were me, you'd understand. The only people I consider family is Felik and Preston. They were always there for me, took care of me my whole life. They helped me when I felt sad. Didn't take my threats serious when I was on my period. They were there when I got hurt, when I was sick, they were always there. And you know who wasn't? My family. I know I was forced on them but they never acted like it, they showed love.

Anyway, after my father found out, he said I wasn't allowed back at the underground. I didn't listen. I don't have to take orders from someone I barely know. Preston and Felik are probably the only ones I know who aren't scared of my father, so they never listened to him. They kept taking me back to the underground, which my father found out about, but they didn't care. And that's why my family is coming to california. Actually, they're already here, they're at the airport. Preston is there to pick them up.

"Ashlia please behave while your family's here." Felik said as he walked into my room.

"You and Preston are my family." I snapped back as I got out of my bed and walked into my closet.

"Your mom, dad, and brothers are all your family. Preston and I are also your family. I know how you feel about them, but they really do care about you no matter what you think." He said and walked out my room closing the door as he goes.

They may be my family by blood, but I don't claim them.

-

An hour later I was called downstairs by Felix. I didn't go down instantly, I waited ten minutes before I went down.

"Where the hell were you? I told you to come down ten minutes ago!" Felix yelled as he stood up from his seat.

"I was in my room." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

Felix gave me the nastiest glare I've ever seen. He was pissed and it doesn't take a genius to tell.

"enough." My father said making the little staring contest Felix and I had going on stop.

"Felix, Preston, I think you know why I came here?" He said walking over to them.

Rolling my eyes I went to the other side of the room and sat in a chair far from them.

"yes, we do," Felix said, nodding his head.

I decided to keep my mouth shut for this.

"look, sir, I know that she's your only daughter but she is badass. I know you've seen her fight! Do you see how many guys she takes down that are towering over her? She took down every single one of them. Even when she fights a girl that's bigger than her, she still wins." Preston yelled.

" I don't care how good she is, she's still MY daughter and could get in danger. More than she already is for being my daughter!" my father yelled as he pointed at me.

The look on everybody's faces is kind of funny. Felix and Preston look like they're about to shit themselves. My brothers look like they've been holding their pee for too long. My mother, I really couldn't see her face because she's in a corner with her head in her hands. My father's face was just red as fuck.

"When we give orders to you for her we expect you to follow them." My oldest brother Jace said as he stepped beside my father.

"We do, most of the time. You guys have to understand she's a teenager, and teenagers like to have fun. We followed your orders ever since you brought her here 16 years ago, we trained, taught, and raised her. She's independent enough to make her own choices." Felix confessed.

Preston looked shocked that Felix said that to my father. They usually just apologize and get on with their day, but this time is different.

" I understand that we haven't been in her life the way we should have, that's why we came." My father said looking from me, to Felix, then Preston.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked getting up and walking over to them.

"Ashlia we're here to take you home, your real home. With your family." Matteo, my third oldest brother announced as he looked me in the eyes.

I started laughing. So hard my eyes started watering.

"Yeah okay." I said laughing.

A few minutes passed and my laughing died down as I saw the looks on everyone's face. Their faces are hard and not filled with amusement.

"Are you serious?" I asked puzzled.

"Yes we are." My mother said as she got up and walked towards me.

No they aren't. They're only saying that to scare me. And it worked.

I stepped back until I was behind Preston and Felix. They looked as shocked as I am right now.

"I'm not leaving." I mumbled making sure I made eye contact with my father.

"I know this is gonna sound sappy but, if she goes we go." Preston said sending a glare to everyone in this room.

"Of course you guys are going. She wouldn't talk to us if we just dragged her to Italy with us without you." Even, my second oldest brother said.

"Now, go pack your bags because we leave in two hours." My father said as he walked out of the room.

-

it's kind of short, i know. but the next one will be a little longer than this one.

i hope.

edited: ✅