honest truths and scary thoughts

stress and writers block later..

\\

Beth got chills up and down her spine when Elliot spoke those words.  Beth got closer to her mom, trying to keep her near her.  Elliot reached to the holster of his belt.  He cursed when he didn't find the item he needed.

"Looking for something?" 

 Beth flinched and looked up to see him.  He looked right at Beth and gave her a smile, creeping her out more and more.  

"Get the hell out before I knock your teeth down your throat." Elliot growled.

Aaron backed away and laughed.  "You, see, Elliot, I've been watching you for awhile.  I know all your routines.  I know you, Elliot Bradley.  I know that you've been having sleeping problems, lately.  You can't sleep, because you hear things.  Why can't you hear, exactly?  That's me messing with your mind.  I notice things.  I notice how every morning you put your pistol in the holster of your belt.  However, you wanted out, thanks to insomnia, and you forgot it." 

Aaron stopped and pulled something out from behind him.

"And I thought that I'd take some use in it." 

He looked at the gun with a crazy look in his eye.  Elliot widened his eye.  He knew he could take him out in a second, but he was armed, and could take him out within a second, also.  

"You ruined it all for me, Elliot.  You did this.  I'm like this, because of you!" He yelled, angry tears forming in his eyes.

"Your family was my family.  I loved you all like my family.  I was jealous of your loving family, because I didn't have the same.  So I imagined myself in Elliots shoes, making me the big brother.  I'm the brother, I take care of the family.  I'm powerful and strong.  I'm Elliot." 

Elliot shuddered. 

"Everything was going great.  Everything was fantastic, until that night.  That stupid night.  I knew that mom was under a lot of stress with work and so was dad, so it was me watching the kids.  It was me, I was the boss.  Elliot was never a fan of me, so I was trying to be nice.  He didn't want to talk to me, though.  I was about to leave, whenever you went into full panic!" He pointed at Elliot.

"Little Ellie forgot to take her medicine.  Her stupid medicine so she wouldn't have a stupid panic attack.  Funny thing is, Ellie had been taking that medicine for years, so why was it my job to remember?  I got blamed for this, when it's all Elliot.  He made it look like I was the person doing the wrong.  I felt horrible.  I tried to apologize, but none of you were having it.  Then mom just wanted me gone.  I tried everything, ya know?" He sniffed.

A weak voice spoke up.

"You're right, Aaron." 

Everybody looked at Mrs. Bradley.  She looked at her kids with a knowing look in her eye.  

"I had a huge case going on, Aaron.  I admit I shouldn't have taken my worries and stress out on you.  I'm sorry." 

Beth squeezed her moms hand.

Aaron squeezed his eyes shut, shaking.  

"Sorry just doesn't cut things anymore, does it?"

\\

Calum was looking down at his phone, checking the time.  He told her he was landing late, but he wasn't.  He landed early and wanted to surprise her.  He had  an amazing surprise in the mean time.  She was going to love it.