lunchdates and jealousy

Paige furrowed her eyebrows and Beth and her calmness in this situation.  She thought that maybe she'd cry or something, but she didn't.  Although, on the inside, Beth was seething.

"Paige, is it alright if you'd leave me alone for a bit?  I have to sort out some things." Beth said, acting like nothing happened.  

"Yeah, sure.  Call me later?" Paige said, picking up her phone, still cautious of Beth.

"Will do." Paige could tell she was trying so hard to act like it didn't bother her.

Paige walked out the door, only to see Niall who had been listening the whole time.  Paige widened her eyes at Niall, as Niall shoved is hands up to her mouth, to shut her up.  They listened for a couple more minutes and heard faint talking.  They couldn't hear well, but they heard enough.

"Hey Tyler, it's Beth.  I was wondering if we could meet up for lunch, later?" 

\\

"Calum, you should've seen her.  It was horrible.  She has it all bottled up inside and it's in a matter of time before it all spills." 

Calum stared at Paige through the screen, thinking.  He felt horrible.  He didn't know why he didn't tell her.  He was too infatuated with her.  A stupid dirt bike game even related to her.  

"I don't know what to do.  I saw a couple of paps outside the pizza place at our date the other night.  I didn't want to mention it to her, and get her worked up.  I don't want them knowing who she is.  She's mine." Calum gripped the seat.

"Well, Calum, you made a mistake, and your mistake is biting you in the ass."

"How so?" 

"Before Niall and I left, we stayed with our ears up to the door and heard her talking on the phone." 

"To who?" Calum narrowed his eyes at Paiges' face.

"Tyler, her ex.  She was inviting him to lunch." 

\\

Beth didn't know why she had invited Tyler to go to lunch with him like that.  She felt like she understood what he felt.  She was furious at Calum.  He made out with her and took her out on a date, then left for tour.  Without a goodbye?  She has a right to be mad.  Niall had woke her up fairly early, so she had been up working on college stuff.  She actually was nearly halfway there.  She was writing an essay while listening to one of her favorite bands, The 1975.  She'd do anything to watch them live.  She looked at the clock to see she had an hour till her and Tylers' little 'lunch date' and she was actually starting to regret calling him.  She didn't have the energy to get ready.

\\

"Beth, how are you?" Tyler said, hugging Beth. 

"I'm great and yourself?" 

"All good that we're having lunch together.  Why did you call me, if you don't mind me asking." 

"Well, some things went down this morning and I needed someone to talk to and I feel like I owe you an apology."

\\

"What do you mean she's going out to lunch with that douche of an ex?  She told me about him, he's dumb as hell."

"Calm down, hulk.  I have a plan." Paige smirked through the phone.  However, Calum was about to come through the phone.  She was too peppy and Calum didn't like it.  Lissa was his, all his.  He knows what he did was the douchiest move ever, but she was his. (that's not a word o k a y)

"What's the plan?" Ashton said from the back of the room, hearing what she said.

"Let's just say it involves a big brother and best friend." 

\\

"So, how far are you on your whole college thing?" Tyler said, picking at his salad. (wth a salad tyler?)

"I'm actually nearly halfway.  I'll be getting to Australia in no time." Beth smiled, getting excited.

"That's good.  That's a big move, as well.  What about the shop?  You just gonna leave your mom with it?" Tyler said, trying to seem like he was joking, but failing miserably.

"Well, she was actually the one who pushed me to do this and she wants this for me." Beth smiled.

"Yeah, I know, I'm just sayin-"

"Beth?  Tyler?  What a surprise!" 

"Paige?  Elliot?" Tyler said with wide eyes.  Beth was just looking at them both with narrowed eyes. 

"That's our names.  Say, why don't we just eat together since we're all here?  Yeah?  Okay, great!" Elliot said, sliding in the booths with them.  

"So, Elliot, when did you get home?" Tyler said, breaking the silence.

"A couple days ago.  How come you weren't there?" Elliot said, clearly challenging him.  Beth smacked him from under the table, but it didn't affect him.

"I don't know, I guess I wasn't invited." Tyler said, looking at Beth.

"It was a family thing." Beth smiled.

"Then why was I there?" Paige said.

Beth stumbled on words while Tyler had an irritated look on his face. "You're part of the family.  So, were you two eating together?" 

Paige smiled at the family term Beth used and quickly regained her 'slyness' with Elliot.  "Yeah, actually, we were both hungry so we came here." 

"Really?  Because you hate chicken." Beth said.  

"I made her come.  I didn't want to be a loner." Elliot said, recovering from there slip up. 

"Anyways" Tyler said, changing the subject "What do you think about Beths' college choices?" Tyler said, looking at Elliot.  Beth looked at Tyler with an annoyed look, wondering why he had asked him that. 

"I think it's good for her." Elliot said.

"Yeah, me too.  I just don't know about leaving the shop for just your mom to deal with, because, when it gets busy, it gets busy and I just don't think she should leave." Tyler said, acting like Beth wasn't even there.  Beth lifted her eyebrows and widened her eyes and noticed that Elliots' face hardened.

"Seriously?" Beth said. 

"What?  I'm serio-" 

"Look, dude, I know you got the hots for my sister, but she doesn't have the hots for you.  I appreciate you somewhat thinking of the shop and my mom, but just leave it alone.  We want this for Beth.  You just want her to stay here so you can attempt to get into bed with her.  You'll fail and she'll be succeeding at life.  While you'll be at the clubs, getting drunk off your ass, Beth will be getting rich as hell and Calum will be the one whose gonna win her heart, not you." 

\\

what the frick elliot!!1! 

i don't like this chapter in fact i hate it 

im sorry im a bad writer i get stuck sometimes and i just type and yeah

im getting so close to 1000 reads and it would mean the world if you all got me to that.  I'm so close.  I nearly get 100 reads per chapter and that's fantastic.  I'm only 200 reads away from 1000.  Please help me?

comment, follow, vote <333