Threats on All Fronts

Emma walked into Pop's and smiled at FP while he wiped the counter down.

"Are you done being mad, Em?" Sweet Pea asked as he sat in the seat next to her.

FP smirked at the girl as she sat at the counter glaring at Sweet Pea. He had heard from Jughead that she was mad about their plan to help Fangs that soon backfired.

After chewing out Jughead, FP was sure the next victim was Sweet Pea.

"Word of advice, this one is the grudge-holding queen."

Emma rolled her eyes at the man and chuckled. "Well, when two idiots mess up a perfectly good plan, you would be too."

"I run the gang. You think I haven't seen them pull a fast one only for me to clean up?" FP smiled at her while handing her a mug of hot water and two different types of tea bags for her to choose from.

The strawberry-blonde laughed while he went to make their usual since Emma left her dinner early to meet up with the boys.

Sweet Pea stared at her with slight annoyance as she picked up a packet and tore it open.

Emma glances towards the raven-haired boy and sighed while her tea was steeping. "You are lucky Forsythe already took the heat for you. But if you pull an Archie on me again and throw a wrench in my plans, I will personally throw scalding hot tea at you."

"I wouldn't put it past you, princess." Sweet Pea lightly smiled earning a matching smile from the girl. "I'll buy to make up for it."

She sighed happily, "It's cute when you think you had a choice."

"Just shut up and order something." He grumbled while rolling his brown eyes.

"Emma."

The strawberry-blonde turned around the counter to see a face she had never antcipated seeing again. His sandy brown hair was pristine as was his usual black suit.

"Elio?" She breathed out.

Elio smirked at her, "What a small world."

He could tell she was thrown off by his random appearance. "And who might this be?" He said nodding to the tall raven-haired boy besides her.

He was positive this was the Jughead Jones he heard much about.

The strawberry-blonde placed her hand firmly on Sweet Pea's thigh in an attempt to stop him from responding. Her expression was cold as was her tone. "Someone who you don't need to be aware of."

He nodded and pointed at the boy behind her, "I'm going to assume it's your new toy. Jughead, was it?"

FP turned his head at the sound of his son's name to see the interaction. From what he surveyed this wasn't a friendly exchange and so he stayed quiet, but listening in case trouble arose.

"I don't have a need for toys. Jughead included." She stared him down. The last thing she needed was for him to learn about her relationship and those she was close to.

He shrugged, "Not Jughead and no boys, noted." Elio sat in the seat next to her causing her to slightly stiffen, "I'm surprised to find you here. You up and vanished, leaving us to wonder where you had gone. Chicago hasn't been the same."

"I took an unexpected trip."

"And landed yourself here. In Riverdale." He mused.

Elio's eyes trailed her form noting how much she had changed. She was more reserved than the girl he used to know.

"What are you doing here?" She steadied her voice. Turning her head in the direction of the counter, she made eye contact with FP as he stood by the register a few feet over.