What Happened to the Andrews Twins?

Jughead Narration: What returned was far different from the red headed boy and girl from next door.

They were now strangers; one with dark hair and scars, and the other hallowed and tortured.

Both inside and out.

"Vegas?"

Fred bent down from his kitchen island at the sight of his dog rushing into the kitchen. He smiled brightly before looking up.

If Vegas was home that meant his kids returned.

The brunette could feel his relief and joy of the thought of being together again. He sacrificed having his children near to ensure their best possible chance of survival. Fred Andrews loved his children, and deeply cared for those who weren't.

Standing, Fred began walking towards the door. "Arch, Em..."

Archie smiled softly while Emma trailed behind him quietly. "Hey, dad." The redhead breathed out and dropped his bag onto the floor. Fred engulfed them into a tight hug.

"What?" Fred pulled back at the sound of Archie wincing, "What's wrong, son?"

The redhead boy looked at his sister and then back to their dad, "It's a long story."

Thirty minutes later, Emma was freshly washed and sitting in her usual spot across from Archie and next to Fred at the dining room table.

Emma stared at the food in front of her while her brother and father discussed everything over the past month. She aimlessly played with her food lightly casting a hollowed glazed look.

Looking at her brother, who had just finished showing his wound off to his dad, his eyes met her.

He nodded at her telling her the food was safe to eat, but Emma was hesitant. Taking a scoop of his breakfast, she rolled her eyes and soon followed.

Archie recounted his story of the bear attack while his dad sat bewildered at what had happened. "I don't remember the ranger's finding me. I woke up in the hospital and was told Emma was also brought in for poisoning. That's when we both knew that Penelope had found us which meant everyone knew where we were. I couldn't keep running. It was time to come home. Back to a normal life, if that's even possible."

His sister watched him curiously. Emma knew her twin in ways others didn't, while they weren't always as close as the Blossom twins, they were very alike.

In this case, it was Archie placing a mask on that all was okay when all wasn't.

Not to him.

Not to her.

Not to any of them.

The redhead craved the days of high school football and late night song writing. He regressed to days where his life wasn't on the line while Riverdale fell at the hands of Hiram Lodge.

Yet, Emma knew that it was wishful thinking trying to recreate those careless days. They were two major pawns in a war that brewed.

Fred took a sip of his coffee and nodded. "What about Hiram?"

"I survived a bear attack, dad." Archie chuckled. "I can't live my life in fear of when he may come after me."