Forbidden Fruit

As the last remaining Serpents sat in the Whyte Wyrm after the destruction of Sunnyside Trailer Park, Emma called Toni and Cheryl to help her get them situated.

Blankets in hand, the two girls began handing them out to those who had their homes destroyed; While Emma worked with Sweet Pea to coordinate the temporary living situation until Jughead was able to step back in with his dad.

The Whyte Wyrm was the only haven left for the diminished community.

Two hours had passed and Sweet Pea looked over from the opposite side of the stage to see Emma's head was down at the bar. She used her arms as an impromptu pillow and slowly fell asleep.

The adrenaline had been sucked out of most of them and now fatigue was the only other feeling left.

5 AM neared and now everyone's spirits and energies were severely challenged. Riot night had proven to be one of the toughest feats the Serpents have had to endure.

Sweet Pea walked over towards Emma's slumped frame and slowly woke her up. "Little Red, come on."

Her eyes fluttered open to see the tall raven-haired boy before her. He smiled at her softly, "As comfortable as the bar looks, I think it's time to go to bed."

Emma looked around to see everyone slowly readying themselves for sleep. The strawberry-blonde looked to her phone to see what time it was before hitching her breath.

"Oh, my God. My dad is going to actually murder me." Her eyes widened realizing that she had 23 missed calls from her dad and 15 from her brother.

He grabbed her hand and helped her off the stool, "I already had Cheryl tell your brother and dad you were at her place when she left."

Emma was thankful and neared the exit. "Do you want me to drop you off at her place?"

The strawberry-blonde looked at him and inhaled, "Can I stay at yours?"

In truth, after discovering Clifford's fail-safe, the last thing Emma wanted was to walk back into that place after a night like this one. He could tell she had slightly placed a distance between herself and Cheryl since her confession in hopes to keep her safe.

Sweet Pea's and Fangs' home were one the few still standing. Toni's was gone as was many others in the main parking lot. Emma could only imagine the aftermath of the attack on Sunnyside Trailer Park.

He released her hand and handed her a helmet. "That sounds even better because I am exhausted."

Emma quietly put the helmet on and climbed on behind him. This may have been one of the few times she didn't care about riding on a motorcycle. She was too tired to care.

Once they made it back to his trailer, the two practically dragged themselves into his house.

"I can't believe this all happened." He said quietly as he led her into his bedroom to grab clothes for her to sleep in. Emma sat on his bed and nodded. "It feels like a fever dream."

He handed her a shirt and pants before walking to the kitchen. Emma didn't spare any time practically ripping the running gear off that she threw on after the debate and school incident.

The baggy clothes were a sight for sore eyes. After changing, Emma sighed and stared at Jughead's jacket that now sat on the chair in Sweet Pea's room.

"You okay, Em?" He asked her as he leaned on the door frame. She stood there practically swimming in his clothes making him slightly chuckle.

Emma turned and looked at him, "I'm too tired to be mean and prevent you from making fun of me for looking like a five-year old child."