Downhill

"I'm in."

Emma's head snap in the direction of her brother. Of course Archie was in, that was her brother— answer first, think later.

Jughead had called the twins to meet him outside of Dilton Doiley's bunker. The two walked over to see Fangs and Sweet Pea standing next to Jughead with grim faces.

Now, she knew why.

In lieu of his exile from the Serpents, Fangs had gone undercover in the Gargoyle Gang, and while it was smart to have a man on the inside, Fangs wouldn't had been her first pick. Yet, Jughead wanted answers, he wanted a lead. And now, he had one.

Tall Boy.

The man dressed as the Gargoyle King.

"I cannot believe you did this and didn't even run it by me. Do you know how risky this is, Jughead?" Emma looked at him as he sent a look to Fangs.

Jughead stepped forward, "I am the Serpent King and you are their Queen. I lead, you are my second-in-command. If I say he stays, he stays." His voice was definitive.

Emma's blood boiled at how he spoke to her, but she choked it down. 'Now is not the time.' Emma told herself.

Of course, she hadn't cared whether it was time or not, this was Fang's life at risk. "First, you kick Cheryl and Toni out. Then, you let Cheryl drag Fangs down to save her own skin and now this? He has family. You are risking the possibility that his sister might be left alone in the world because of this vendetta. Are you insane? We are outmanned, we don't have the resources, and you are pretty much making up this plan as you go along."

"You don't think I know that, Emma?" He looked at her confused. He knew she was scared for Fangs and his involvement, he couldn't blame her. Part of him was too. "This is our only chance. We are so close. So, are you in or not?"

Emma looked at Fangs, he nodded at her. He wanted her to know that all would okay.

She sighed, "Fine. But this doesn't mean I condone you putting my brother or Fangs at risk." She hated that Archie would be used as bait to lure the 'man in black' out, one Hiram Lodge.

"Just one more, Thea."

"One more." She pleaded as he nodded and began walking towards the bunker to tell Tall Boy to make the call.

The Red Paladin was in.

"I'll be fine, Em." Archie placed his hand on his sister's back. Fangs nodded, "We'll look out for one another."

She hated that Hiram was still on the chess board. She hated seeing the man around town, in her school, taunting her family with his power.

"Oh, Thea." Emma's head rose to see Jughead halfway towards the bunker, "I won't be able to make dinner plans. I have a lead to run for Betty." She nodded and he accepted it as an okay before continuing towards the bunker where Tall Boy was tied up.

Everyone around her knew that it wasn't okay. She scoffed and shook her head. Another plan he had bailed on, but she wasn't surprised.

"Em..." Sweet Pea stated as she held her hand up.

"Don't." She clammed up and looked at her brother to follow. "Let's go."

Fangs and Sweet Pea shared a look knowing that their leaders were far from good. Giving the boys one last look, Archie trailed behind Emma as she hurriedly walked towards their car.

There went the rare opportunity of having a sit down with her boyfriend. Her chance to talk to him about things he may not like, but needed to know. The possibility to clear the air had seemingly disappeared.