A Deal with the Man in Black

Sweet Pea's foot lightly shook as he sat in the living room of the Andrews' house.

Fred leaned against the wall as the two made small talk about the Serpent's new camp and FP.

The older brunette hadn't known about Emma's status within the Serpents, something she hoped to keep from him until the dust of Archie's situation settled.

"Emma, come on. You guys are already late." The older man called out as Emma came down the stairs with a chorus of 'I know's'.

He was right, they were late, and Veronica was probably mad.

Tonight marked the official opening of the underground speakeasy, La Bonne Nuit. Veronica had started the project after learning about the speakeasy from Pop Tate. With an idea in mind, she enlisted Reggie as manager and bartender, and Emma for design and security, in particular the Serpents.

Emma stood at the bottom of her steps as the two men stood at the sight of her.

"Little Red, you look..." Sweet Pea looked at her with awe as Fred nodded with a smile plastered on his face.

"You guys sure? Cheryl had been pushing me to wear this..." She trailed off still unsure how she felt about it.

This was Cheryl's moment to style Emma. After countless hours of relentless bantering, Cheryl managed to convince Emma to dress different for the opening with a sheer, white-laced, form fitting dress. Emma rubbed her hands against it feeling like the exact replica of Cheryl; However, instead of a plunging neckline, she opted for the off-the shoulder scoop neck— lace peeped out from the edges

"You look beautiful, Peanut. Now, go." Her dad kissed her forehead.

Opening the door for the two, she made her way out with Sweet Pea walking beside her.

Emma ran her hands over the dress again and fiddled with her gloves, Sweet Pea shook his head. "What?" She asked already knowing she was acting nervous.

"You need a drink." He concluded causing Emma to laugh. She nodded and eyed the 1967 blue Chevy Impala in front of her house, "Nice wheels."

He shrugged, "Yeah well, a motorcycle doesn't fit every occasion."

"And thank God for that." He smirked knowing she hated motorcycles. Even as Betty learned how to drive one over the summer, Emma stood off to the side refusing to even go near it.

Though, he wasn't giving up the hope to finally convince her one day to at least try it.

He opened the door for her as she slipped inside before walking towards the driver's side. Closing the door, he started the car and looked at her as she exhaled.

He could tell that she was still over thinking how she looked. Emma hated showing so much skin, she felt exposed and uncomfortable.

"You are breathtaking, Emma Andrews." The strawberry-blonde's eyes rose to look at Sweet Pea.

Emma could feel herself slightly melt at how he said her name, and for a quick moment she enjoyed it.

Aside from his usual joking, flirtatious antics, it was one of the rarer moments that she could detect the sincerity in his voice.

"Though, you don't need to dress up to be the most beautiful woman to me." Emma ducked her head and smiled.

"Well, you look quite handsome yourself, Sweet Pea." Her eyes trailed his black button down and black slacks.

He smiled at the softness of her voice. Emma Andrews was far from the shy type. She was bold and outspoken, however, when it came to Sweet Pea and his signature lines she always fell victim to them.