The Farm

"Where the hell is everyone else?" Emma turned her body from the small circle of Serpents towards Jughead. Betty eyed the room where the Serpents and Swords club met.

Emma looked at Sweet Pea, who broke the news. "Oh, we're down another eight."

"Another eight?"

Sweet Pea nodded, "All girls."

Betty eyed the room carefully, "Where are they all going?"

Emma huffed at her question. "Turns out Toni and Cheryl started their own gang. All the girls are defecting to it. The Pretty Poisons."

Fangs looked at Jughead as he leaned against the teacher's desk. "So, what do you want us to do, boss?"

"Nothing." He stated softly. "This is all because I banished Cheryl and Toni. I just need to talk to Toni, get her back in the Serpent fold, and the rest will come back, too. They need to be reminded what it means to be a Serpent."

Sweet Pea hadn't looked convinced nor was Fangs. They both saw how alienated Toni became from them. They were her family, community and now it was all gone.

"What does that even mean?" One asked in the back. Emma could see Jughead become annoyed, "That in unity there is strength."

"You kicked her out. You think she gives a shit about unity?" Emma looked at him dumbfounded. Betty turned her head to the girl next to her who stood up, "You took her only family away. Now because she is creating a new one, you want her back? Please..." He eyed her carefully, "You only want her back because she threatens your livelihood, this gang's livelihood."

He stood up angry at her comment. They needed to present a united force in front of the Serpents, not a divided one. "She broke the rules, Emma. You weren't here, so you wouldn't get it. Hell, you didn't grow up on the Southside, so you never will." He spat at her causing her to be taken back.

Emma scoffed. "I was gone a month. What about all that time before? Who ran your gang while you used them to play some stupid game? Toni was loyal, all of the Serpents are loyal. However, I can't wonder where yours lies. I might've not been Serpent by blood, but at least I gave a shit."

She had reached her limit.

Everyone remained quiet as Emma smirked at him and shrugged her jacket off, "Clearly, I never earned it." Tossing it in Betty's lap she looked at Jughead, "Consider yourself down by nine."

Spinning around she walked out the door, leaving everyone to look once more at Jughead.

***

Emma ran into the bathroom and locked herself in one of the stalls.

Tears stained her cheeks as she tried to hold in her cries when the bathroom door swung open.

She hated for crying at school.

In fact, she hated crying in general, but something about her blowout made her realize the very things Sweet Pea pointed out.

She pushed everyone so far away that she was all alone in a time that she need them most.

She was spiraling and she had no footing.

Emma sniffled and cursed at herself for not being quiet. "Are you okay?" A voice called out.

She took a deep breath, "Uh, yeah. Sorry." She almost began to start crying again at the sound of her own broken voice. She heard a ruffling outside and then saw a small pack of tissues appear from a hand underneath the stall door. Emma reached for it, confused by the gesture.