If Looks Could Kill

"You guys are in this class?"

Emma walked towards the left side of the classroom to her usual spot only to find Toni and Sweet Pea. Kevin and Veronica smiled from their seats as she sat down behind them.

It was British Literature II and probably one of the most hated classes. Emma managed to rope Veronica and Kevin into the English elective by constantly pleading and begging at the end of last quarter. However, the plan backfired once they learned that the original teacher had to take over another class, leaving the class in the hands of Mr. Anderson.

And everyone at Riverdale High loathed his classes.

"For your information, I read." Toni retorted with an amused smile.

Emma smirked, "Oh, I'm not surprised by you. I just didn't know that they taught Ogres how to read." She looked towards Sweet Pea as he sat behind her.

Clearly unamused.

Kevin attempted to contain his laughter while Toni bursted.

"How long did it take you to come up with that." Sweet Pea leaned forward in his seat. 

The strawberry-blonde simply shrugged and looked ahead, "Since I took a peep at your schedules in the lounge."

"That was yesterday morning, Em." Toni interjected with a confused expression.

Emma nodded and pointed behind her at the raven-haired boy behind her. "But seeing his face made it worth it." She mused to Toni, who sat next to her.

Everyone was prepping for class to begin while Anderson started writing in the board.

Sweet Pea leaned forward into Emma's ear and whispered in a low voice leaving chills down her spine. "So, you like seeing my face and find me attractive. Ms. Andrews any other boy would think you were interested."

Emma turned to him with narrow eyes as he remained close to her face, "I would be too" He gave her a sultry look, "but I'm not into Garden Gnomes, not really my kink."

He sat back and looked at her smugly.

Emma knew he was trying to bait her and from the look on his face he knew he had gotten to her. She found herself liking the attention he always gave her, it made her feel good and more confident.

Smiling sweetly at him, she spoke quietly. "Oh Sweet Pea, I hope you relish in that feeling of joy for attempting to burn me because the minute Anderson opens his mouth you are going to regret being this class."

He simply smirked at her causing Emma to turn before she found herself blushing once again at the tall flirt behind her.

However, like clockwork, Mr. Anderson was already angry. And within ten minutes he was losing it with no one being able to answer his questions.

Slamming the notes on the desk, the brunette man stared at the class bewildered as he spoke fast. "Does no one read their notes? Who wrote A Vindication of the Rights of Man? Why was it written? Is this not basic enough for you?"

The class itself remained quiet. Annoyance casted over the room at 7:40AM.

Emma hated having to sit through his one-sided rants about how bad their class was. It became a familiar occurrence every Tuesday and Thursday when she had this class.

The strawberry-blonde continued to write in her notebook and softly grumbled, "Maybe if he gave us a minute to think."

Toni smirked and gave her a slight nod in agreement.