The Feud

"I'm going on a hunger strike to protest Southside High closing and to get it reopened." Jughead stated boldly to the group as they sat in the cafeteria. Archie scoffed as Betty and Veronica looked at one another.

Clearly offended, Jughead turned to his side and looked at the redhead. "What?"

"I'm sorry, man. It just- You're like always eating. I mean, good luck with that but..." Archie trailed off. With Cheryl in tow, Emma walked towards the table to pick up her wallet from her brother after forgetting it again on the kitchen counter.

"Do you always dress like a grandma?" Cheryl questioned causing Emma to scoff at her comment. She looked down at her high waited trousers and tucked in blouse.

Emma rolled her eyes as she neared the table. "I'm wearing the shoes you picked out, didn't I?"

Cheryl shrugged and sighed, "They're cute, aren't they?" She stated more to herself.

Wrapping around the table, Emma made her way towards her brother, who began to scoot over. As Betty began to scold the group as usual. "Hey, it's Jughead's prerogative to protest peacefully, so we're gonna support that, aren't we?"

Emma snorted. "Geez, mom. Didn't you already scold all of Riverdale?" She turned to Archie, "I need my wallet."

Veronica smiled at the strawberry blonde, "You seem chipper today."

"You know, I actually am." Emma concluded, mocking the raven haired girl as she chuckled.

"Veronica?"

The young girl answered at her name. "Oh, hey, Ethel."

Turning her body, Emma smiled at Ethel as her eyes were trained on only Veronica.

"For your crimes against the town of Riverdale, for everything that you and your family have done and continue to do, we find you guilty."

Emma shook her head in confusion, "What are you even talki-"

"Your sentence is this." Ethel ignored her as she was not the target. Reeling her hand back, she flung the strawberry milkshake from Pop's onto Veronica and part of Emma's shirt and pants.

The group including Cheryl stood gobsmacked at the events that had taken place.

The cafeteria grew silent before sporadic laughter filled the air. The Serpents, the Vixens, Bulldogs, and the other sliver of the student body that was present at 5th period lunch watched, laughed, or heckled.

Fangs smacked his hand roughly against Toni's shoulder repeatedly earning a rude look from him as he and Sweet Pea stared at the entire ordeal.

Even Chuck Clayton and a few of the Bulldogs howled.

"You know, Ethel," Emma continued as a smile began to form on her lips. "you have three seconds to rid yourself from my sight." Ethel looked at Emma shocked as she drew dangerously near. "Because if you don't, Veronica won't be the only enemy you have to worry about."

Walking away as fast as she could, Ethel was gone within two seconds. Scattered laughter littered the lunch room as she turned to Cheryl.

"Despite being mad that it was my shirt that you're wearing, I am proud that your inner mean girl came out again. It's about time, Emmie Doll." Cheryl chimed.

Emma moved her gaze towards Veronica, "And there goes the chipper."

***

Emma looked in the mirror as Betty stood in the bathroom observing Veronica wash her hair in the sink. "The chilling thing is Ethel went through the trouble of bringing that milkshake here from Pop's. I mean how mad is she?"