Carrie: The Musical

Emma stood next to Jughead as he probed Betty with questions about her role in the musical. Carrie: The Musical was fully underway as Kevin directed many of her peers.

To Emma, the tension at each rehearsal slowly elevated causing her to be thankful she didn't attempt to audition, despite Kevin's pleas. Both wanting to spend more time together, Emma and her father took on the roles of set design. 

Managing to sneak in a break to see how things were coming along, Emma watched as the light-hearted ambiance dispersed leaving only passive feelings and annoyance once Archie walked near the three.

"Kinda weird, huh? The two of us, playing boyfriend-girlfriend." Archie stated as walked over towards water station on the side of the stage.

Jughead's camera panned to Archie at his horrid attempt at small talk. Betty already seemed off, but his presences seemed to ignite it more.

Giving him a rude look, Archie attempted to correct himself to Betty. "No, I mean, things are strained with the five of us right now but we are here for Kevin, and to do this play, and I hope we can do it as painless as possible."

The strawberry-blonde scrunched her face in annoyance. "Oh, yeah. I apologize if your friends' and family's coping mechanisms to betrayal infringe on your theatrical performance."

Emma rolled her eyes as it was the first words she had said to him in days. "Save your breath, Archie, you sound like a desperate PR agent."

Betty watched as Archie's eyes followed Emma leaving.

He hadn't realized how deep her anger went until now as she went from being extremely private about her personal life to becoming openly hostile.

"Archie, Veronica lied to all of us, you included." Betty attempted to reason with him, but his eyes glazed over with justification.

Rolling her eyes, the blonde continued. "Conspiring with her parents against the entire school? I mean, and it's fine that you're doing exactly what Tommy Ross would do, which is stand by her, but from where I am standing? Veronica is just as much as a privileged, selfish, spiteful, mean girl as the part she's playing."

***

Fail Safe.

On the outside, Emma seemed to be doing well. Despite her brother's latest debacle, life could've been worse. In the wake of many crisis aversions, it seemed many began to creep up. The discovery of the-- shady guy's-- car, her relationship with Jughead, her personal feud with Archie.

Thanks to the $10,000 pay off the Coopers gave Darla, the Sheriff's office ran into dead end leads on how the car managed to get there.

The write off? Probably some teens who wanted to pick it up for a spin and dumped it. 

Once again, another crisis averted.

As for Cheryl, she remained steadfast against her mother and was well in their friendship though the topic of her father's will-reading hung in the air.

Life seemed to go on slowly, but surely. However, the envelope hidden underneath her loose floorboarding her bedroom hung over her head. The strawberry-blonde moved over to check if it was there. Lifting the old plank in the corner, she laid her eyes on it.

Fail Safe.

However, it felt like anything but security. It may have ensured Clifford's legacy, but it placed a target on her back. It was only a matter of time before she felt the heat that would soon press against her. Inside, was a 20-page document from Clifford-- his last testament as one may look at it-- his manifesto on how things would operate after his departure.