Near Death

Jughead Narration: What hero's journey would be complete without self-imposed exile?

Witness Archie Andrews. Just as Luke Skywalker went to planet Dagobah, he too ran for the greater good.

Even in the pit of the hero's journey, the beginning of the last tragic obstacle, the very brim of defeat-- Archie's sister, Emma Andrews, stood overlooking the tall, darkened forest she would have to walk through in order to see the light once again.

Both of the Andrews' twins left their home and have found an escape in the Canadian hinterlands, wondering what dark demons how would have to conquer before being able, finially, to go home.

"So, I usually begin my rounds at ten in the morning then come back around five, before dark." Emma nodded at her brother. Archie sat on his bed and handed a bowl to Vegas. She smiled at her dog while he ate his meal with zero care in the world.

After Jughead dropped her off at the edge of the forest, she needed to travel the rest of the way by foot. She followed the trail Archie had told her to go down to the main office, there she was directed to Archie's cabin.

Her brother had showed her around as she was free to do as she pleased while he worked. The cabin had sat a few yards from the lake, in order to continue staying there, he worked as an on-call ranger.

The first few days were harder to adjust to as Archie and Vegas would be scowering the woods, she sat near the lake and drew or worked out.

Life had slowed down and became more simple through regimes.

She would wake up at eight and cook Archie and herself breakfast. By nine, her brother would he would leave, she would excerise then paint. Mainly spending her day doing activities or running into town. Though only once a week since they were still in hiding.

By 4:30 she would begin making dinner and Archie would return home by five. He would talk about his day while she listen while serving their dinner. This was how they began to repair relationship as siblings. It had seemed their own issues tore them apart.

By ten, Emma and he would unwind before bed.

It was regulated and structured.

She and Archie became closer as their calls were limited to twice a week, their contact was only with themselves.

Life in Riverdale changed as Jughead and Betty attempted to understand the true meaning behind the Quarentine. In week two of Emma's absence, Cheryl discovered the truth about Emma and her ties to the Blossom company. Veronica had tried to calm her down, but Penelope knew her daughter.

"Cheryl. You have to let her explain. This is what your mom wants, she wants you to look for Emma so that you can lead them straight to her!" Veronica grabbed the redhead's arm as she tried to leave the student lounge. Betty and Jughead watched, knowing that Betty's prediction came true.

"Fine, Veronica. I'll leave her alone for now, for you. You've proven to be trustworthy, but I promise you if the reason isn't good, she will regret crossing me." Cheryl waltzed out of the student lounge leaving the three stunned.

Day by day, life began to drone on. Emma slowly began overanalyzing everything and anything. On day 38, she sat in silence as she stared at the lake. No movement, just an empty stare at the banks and circling thoughts.

"How is everything on the home front?"

Fred sighed, "It's okay for now. The quarantine was lifted, the town is slowly rebuilding."