Liars

"Hey." Archie breathed as he spotted his sister in Valley Plaza in Riverdale. She nodded at him as they stood in front of a local Riverdale dress boutique.

"You wanna tell me what that was?" She watched as his eyebrows furrowed and looked around. She had noticed that he had been acting weird the past few days. Making cheap excuses to go to the garage late at night or leaving for school early by blaming practice while he left an hour before it was scheduled to begin, if it did at all. 

Following him out of school, he told Veronica that Emma needed his help with something and Jughead that he had to go to his dad's job. Both lies, causing Emma to spy on him.

"Tell you what?"

"The car. Behind the parking lot?" He remained quiet as she dipped her head to match his eyes in an aggressive manner. "Are you buying drugs, Arch?"

"What? No, no." He shook his head furiously as Emma nodded at him in the same manner. "So then what it is it? It's not the first time you've been caught."

He scoffed at her reference to the Jingle-Jangle incident. "That was low."

"So then tell me cause you've led me to believe nothing else." She countered. Looking around once more, he grabbed her walking towards their house. "Fine, I'll tell you but you cannot say anything."

"I'm not."

"No." He stopped causing her to look at him. He sighed, "I'm serious, Emma. People's lives are at stake."

She furrowed her brows as he began walking, seeming weird and paranoid. "It's an agent. An FBI agent," Her eyebrows shot up as her mouth dropped. "For what?!"

He shushed her, "He wants intel on Hiram Lodge, he's taking him down. He said if I help he would give dad immunity on all charges with his association."

"But he hasn't done anything."

"He's partnered with him. Anything Hiram does, he could go down for." She sighed as the two kept walking. "So what does he want?"

"To accept Mr. Lodge's offer to help out with a poker game between him and his friends. Get intel and then keep an ear out at Veronica's confirmation."

She shook her head, confused at how her brother got roped into all of it. "Are you doing it?"

"I have no choice, Em. I don't then dad goes down. I'm so close. I just have to do this." Emma stopped and grabbed her brother causing him to stop. The two were near their house, if the conversation was going to end, it would end here. "No, Archie, this guy asks you to what? Be an informant? This isn't okay, let alone safe."

"Emma, I have no choice. It's him or dad. I can't let him be hurt anymore than he already is... Come on Em, you would do the same thing."

She inhaled and continued walking. "Just... just keep me updated. Every time you meet, you don't have to give me context, I just wanna know that you're safe."

"I will."

She shook her head as they approached the door. "You are always in it knee deep. Constantly, giving dad and I heart attacks, I swear." With that she opened the door to see her dad smile from the kitchen.

"Hey guys."

"Hey dad." The chimed, closing the front door. They looked at one another and then at their dad. "I, uh, thought we would do Indian, since it's just you and I tonight, Peanut."

"Where are you going?" Emma asked Archie.

"Soup kitchen with Veronica for her confirmation. Glad to be doing it now too." Her dad chuckled knowing his son's disdain for Indian cuisine. He started heading upstairs as Emma walked towards the kitchen.