Riverdale's Fall From Grace

Nearing Jughead's room, Emma smiled as she saw FP talking to his son; however, it seemed less than happy. She figured he had filled Jughead in on the rest of Riot night; from the burning down of the Sunnyside Trailer Park and the defected/arrested Serpents.

"Looking good there, Forsythe." Emma softly spoke earning a smile from Jughead.

She walked over and gave FP his coffee. He smiled at her, "You know, if wasn't for Emma here, I'm sure Sunnyside Trailer Park would've been dust."

He looked at Emma as she shrugged. "I went to your house to pick up somethings for your dad and I saw the Ghoulies from the window. I can't take all the credit though. And I can assure you that I had received one of the most absurd lecture from Sweet Pea for continuously running towards dangers."

FP laughed knowing that Sweet Pea was the first one to act impulsively, so the irony was uncanny.

The raven-haired boy chuckled. She knew he was unhappy, but as always, he would continue on his fight for justice. "I'm glad you're okay." He said as he held her hand. FP smiled at the two and excused himself.

Kissing him softly, she reached her phone that vibrated once again. "Arch?"

"Where are you?"

"The hospital with Jug, why?"

"I'll see you there in a few." He hung up causing her to shrug. Jughead moved over at patted the seat next to him and smiled softly, "You're throne awaits you my Serpent Princess." She laughed at his antics.

She knew part of him had hoped she joined his world, and even more so, for a time she wanted to as well. She paired well with Sweet Pea, Fangs, and Toni, she loved the community. Yet, she knew she would always be seen as Jughead's girlfriend, not a Serpent. Therefore, she was fine remaining a dear friend to all of them.

"I should really start living in this place." She muttered.

Jughead stroked her hair and nodded, "Maybe they should dedicate a wing to you, Thea." Emma laughed at him.

It seems Emma Andrews was always in the hospital.

The two remained silent, simply enjoying the silence before her brother would come in and disrupt their personal solace.

"I'm getting out of here tomorrow." Jughead stated the group filed in and sat down around the hospital bed.

Archie nodded and smiled. "Good. Because we still need your brain. There's another mystery to solve..." He took a pause as he looked at Betty and Veronica, then to Emma. "Mr. Cooper was at the town hall when some other Black Hood took shots at the candidates. And he was at home with Betty and Mrs. Cooper when another Black Hood, probably the same as the one at the town hall, came after Emma, me, and my dad. So..."

"Well, a second Black Hood attack at the Town Hall and on your dad seem to indicate a political motive. Which to me suggests—" Jughead trailed off.

"That my father's behind them?" Veronica questioned. She shrugged and looked at them. "I don't disagree. With Fred out of the way, my mother's path to victory is that much more assured."

Archie looked at Jughead intently. "So if we are going to stop Hiram, we've got to do it now. Once the Lodges are in control of the mayor's office, they'll be untouchable."

"Yeah, but do you really think Hiram would put on a black hood and start shooting at people for mayorship?" Jughead countered. Emma noted how silent Betty remained. It was as if she was there, but not truly there.

Emma shook her head. "No, but he would hire someone to do it."

"We were thinking it could be a Serpent, Jug, or a Ghoulie." Archie proposed.