Agents of Chaos

"Surprise!" Emma slightly jumped as Jughead looked at her with shock, neither one had anticipated this. 

Seeing the usual group along with Ethel and who she assumed to be Joaquin, Emma immediately scanned for her brother wondering what was going on.

Jughead noticed Emma giving Archie a look that didn't seem all too pleasant. They walked in as Archie walked over, beaming more than usual. "This is why we had to leave the double feature?"

"Happy birthday, bro." Archie hugged Jughead, "You really shouldn't have." He meant it too.

Breaking the hug, Jughead looked at the redhead, "Ugh, you reek. Are you drunk?"

"No." He said in a way that proved Jughead's suspicion. 

Signaling to Jughead to give her moment, she pushed Archie to the side as Veronica approached him. "Do you wanna explain what all this is and why you are drunk?"

"Em, it's fine really. It's only us. Plus, you're not dad. Don't grill me." Before she could respond, she heard Betty sing happy birthday. 

Turning her head, she watched the blonde walking towards Jughead, candles illuminating her face. If Emma had to be honest, she felt the eerie singing and the candlelit face of Betty's crazy smile, slightly scared her. 

Even in that moment, she could sense how uncomfortable the raven-haired boy was.

And then it hit her. 

He was still with Betty and she was lead on once more. This time by a kiss.

He grabbed the cake still looking forward. "That was haunting, Betty." She kissed him on the cheek as they whispered.

"I would've preferred if it were just us two..." He whispered towards the blonde, clearly uncomfortable. Archie followed Veronica as she left the group, making her way to his kitchen.

As she spoke to Kevin later on, her suspicions were confirmed that the mystery guy next to Kevin was Joaquin. He seemed quieter in comparison to Kevin. Making Emma wonder if Kevin did all of the talking.

From the corner of her eye she could see Betty mindlessly talking as Jughead's head was down listening. Lifting his head, his eyes met hers. She offered no smile, just an emotionless look. 

Excusing herself she walked towards the kitchen and found Veronica and Archie hugging. 

"Oh sorry." She said absently. The two broke apart, "You okay, V?"

"Yeah, I'm okay now. How was the movie?" Archie nodded in agreement.

Emma scoffed as she pointed to the bottle, "It wasn't the movie that was eventful." 

Earning a curious look from Veronica, Archie handed her the bottle he had been drinking from. 

Veronica looked at the twins knowing something good hadn't occurred and then mentioned something about grabbing her phone from the living room.

Archie watched as Veronica left. Emma took a swig as Archie looked at her, "I'm waiting." He stated softly.

He leaned on the counter as she leaned adjacent to him on the island. "He kissed me."

"Wait-- you two kissed?" Archie was shocked. "When?"

"Right before we walked in. One second we were talking and the next..." She used her hands to gesture the kiss. 

Archie shook his head, "What does that mean? Cause he hasn't ended things with-"

"You don't think I know that?" Emma was fed up with the games that Jughead kept playing with her. She felt guilty for it happening, but then again, part of her secretly didn't want it to end.