Home Invaders

Archie paced in his room as Emma's eyes followed him. She sat on his bed, knowing he was nervous. Over the past two days, everyone's life seemed to complicate. The Lodges and Jones deliberation ended with Hiram asking Jughead to not reveal his name in his expose. Jughead, still stuck in his ways, refused; Archie continued meeting with Agent Adams, stirring up feelings of paranoia and fear.

"He came into our house. As a threat that I better listen, Emma. He is backing our dad into the corner with- with these allegations about undocumented Canadian workers!" Archie stopped and threw himself on the foot of the bed. "He's not going to stop. You saw it. You were there."

Emma huffed, taking off her gloves and place her hand on her head. "I don't know what to say or even do, Arch. You're in way too deep."

"I know, I just..." He trailed off. She looked at him and placed her hand on his back. "Did he say anything when you left the house?"

"He wants me to plant a bug in Mr. Lodge's office. Catch him in the act."

"You never should've taken that money." Emma concluded as her brother nodded. "Does he not understand that if you get caught, Hiram will come for you. It- It's too dangerous. We are already in danger, but that's suicide."

Archie nodded in agreement. The Andrews house was on edge as Fred circled in his room, scared of what may happen and Archie and Emma trying to prevent what may.

"Run me through it, Em."

Emma shrugged and looked at her brother. "You don't do it and Adams comes after dad, hard. Dad gets caught looking the other way, loses the business and it goes to the Lodges. He gets arrested, we lose the house and we moved to mom's. Or you do it, but run the risk of getting caught. If Hiram gets arrested before he learns who the mole is we might be safe from his hand. But... you still risk getting made. You lose Veronica, you run the risk of getting taken out like a classic mob would and dad is unaware until it's too late."

"Great." He sighed. She knew he had shut down, conspiracies circulating in his head.

She remained quite as he steadied his breathing. "We have to do something."

"Like what?"

"Anything but this." She said. He looked at her as her phone rang. Jughead.

She got up moving towards the door, "Hey."

"I need you to come outside right now."

"I'm in the middle of something rig-"

"Please..." He sounded desperate.

"Why? What's up?"

"Betty and I we need your help."

She sighed and nodded, looking back at her brother who was near circling the drain. "I'll be right out."

With one last look she spoke softly as she opened the door. "Just please, don't do anything until I'm back."

***

The two were unable to unjam the door of the car when she came out. Running into her shed, she got a putty knife, to unlock it. On the drive towards the nearest lake Betty fessed up about her mom and Chic and the man who laid dead on the floor.

The three got out of the car as Emma put the car in neutral. Betty and Jughead stood on the side of the trunk as Emma made her way towards the rear. They began pushing, which was ultimately harder than it seemed in the movies.

Jughead had seemed to think the same thing. "Norman Bates made it look easy."

"Yeah, well that's hard to believe since he had the stature of a 7th grade boy." Emma retorted. With one last shove, the car slid into the water. They stood there watching the car, praying it would sink.