Searching

As Betty, Archie, Jughead, Veronica, Kevin and Emma sat in the lounge, they all speculated about the recent discovery of Polly's disappearance and the torched getaway car.

Handing Emma a cup of tea, Veronica smiled at her.

"My mom and dad don't want to get the police involved. They don't want anyone to know she ran away or about her 'shameful condition.'" Betty said with disdain.

The blonde had worried about her sister once she and Jughead went back to the Sister's of Quiet Mercy only to discover that Polly was missing.

"Please. What decade is this?" Emma nodded in agreement with Veronica's statement.

The Coopers were Riverdale's version of the Stepford's and therefore, a pregnant teenage caught in the crossfires of an ongoing murder investigation, was something the did not want.

Especially, Alice Cooper.

Betty continued, "Also, since she knew where Jason's getaway car was, they're afraid people might think that she burned it and that if she did..."

"She could be the murderer, trying to cover her tracks." Jughead chimed in.

"Who did burn the car, then?" Archie questioned rhetorically.

Emma shook her head, "If she doesn't have a solid alibi, then it wouldn't matter who did. She's suspect number one. It's surprising they haven't tracked her down yet." She knew that Polly was marked before she even had a chance to defend herself.

If Emma were to be honest, she always preferred Polly to Betty. As kids, the strawberry-blonde played nice with Betty for the mere sake of her brother. Whereas Betty was more like her mother, Polly was laid back like Hal Cooper.

Betty always had a knack for being controlling, something that drove Emma insane.

Therefore, if she was forced to hang out at the Cooper household, on account to her brother, Emma managed to find her way to be with Polly.

She was happy when she learned that Polly and Jason started dating. Emma knew that Jason was understanding and kind and Polly was devoted and loyal, making them able to weather any storm that came their way.

Including their feuding families.

The Blossoms hated Polly and Jason's relationship and the Coopers did as well. It had seemed they were Riverdale's own modern-day Romeo and Juliet.

Betty shrugged at the twin's statements, "Sheriff Keller says it's possible someone was following us."

"Oh, my God. Honestly, guys, we should just move." Veronica propositioned leading Emma to chuckle and nod.

"Yes, V, that is a brilliant idea. Just as you and I, both finished unpacking our stuff. I'll call the movers." She said sarcastically earning a smirk from Veronica.

"Guys, what if Polly's really hurt?" Betty fiddled with her hands looking down, worry was etched into her expression.

Uneasiness radiated off of the blonde as she spoke, "What if whoever killed Jason is coming after her next?"

Everyone seemed to ponder her statement knowing that it could be a very real possibility. The murder of Jason Blossom could've been the first of many, not an isolated incident as suspected.

Jughead rose his hand, placing it around Betty's shoulder. Clasping her hand over it, the group looked at her as Jughead attempted to reassure her.

Emma's eyes trailed from Archie's and Veronica's shocked looks to Kevin's eyes. He could already tell what Emma was feeling from their last conversation. Biting her lip, she rubbed her gloved hands together.