Ignorance

She kissed Jughead one last time before leaving. "Okay, I seriously have to go." She laughed as he held her.

"I know, I know. You just... look so good, Thea."

"Well, thank you." She smiled at him as he kissed her forehead before letting go. She had been on the way to the SoDale opening party as Archie neared FP's trailer.

She wore her high-waisted black slacks with her silk tank top blouse tucked in, he grabbed her jacket. "And Jug? Good luck."

He smiled at her as he helped her put it on. "I know you're nervous about the initiation but, you'll do great."

He followed her out only to meet Archie, who walked towards him like a man on a mission.

"Archie..."

"We gotta talk, Jug." The redhead's eyes moved from his friend's frame to his sister's smaller one. "Emma? What are you doing here?"

"Uh, now really isn't a good time." Jughead peered over Archie's shoulder as Emma looked at him.

"Archie wanna head to the party with me? Dad is waiting." She tried to get Archie to join her, but he was not budging.

"You need to leave, now. You've gotta go. Listen to me, leave now." Jughead pleaded to Archie.

"What the hell do we have here?" Sweet Pea rounded the corner, Emma watched knowing this interaction would go south.

Jughead walked towards him the tall Serpent whose eyes were trained on Archie and Emma who held her brother back. Trying to de-escalate the situation before it arose. "Just leave him, all right?"

Jughead's statement meant nothing by Archie's motion to antagonize the situation.

"Wait. You're friends with these thugs?" Archie turned to see the band of Serpents eyeing him with hatred.

Jughead shook his head, "It's not what you think."

"Are you joining the Serpents?" Archie looked at his oldest friend with confusion.

"If he survives, and go ahead and call us thugs one more time." Sweet Pea added.

Archie pleaded, "Jughead these are the guys who attacked me. Who attacked Reggie and Veronica and Dilton. Your friends."

"Wait is that why you're here?" Jughead walked towards him. "To warn me?"

"No. I came here to tell you to stay away from Betty," Archie places his finger up and roughly grabbed his sister by the arm, "and as a matter of fact, my sister too. You're not dragging her down with you."

Archie looked a Jughead with anger as he turned his eye towards his sister. "Archie, you are not even in the position to dictate what I do."

"Emma, this is for your own goo-"

The strawberry-blonde shoved him. "Says the guy who feels that he has something to prove to only himself. You don't tell me who I can and can't see. Last time I checked... you're in the shithole." Sweet Pea smirked at the small girl's comment.

If it was in any other context it would be funny as she glared up at him, a foot smaller than her brother.

"You are not going near him. Ever, Emma. Test me and you'll see what happens." He turned his attention towards Jughead, "Stay away from them. That's me saying it, not just Betty."

"Screw you. I just saw Betty yesterday."

"Yeah and she has been waiting to tell you that she doesn't like the crowd you run with and quite frankly, I don't either. We knew the way you were headed. Everyone could see it. You can't have us and them," He gestured towards the crowd of leather behind Jughead. "Even she knew that."