Chapter 44

A week later

Rafael's p.o.v. 

I don't know what to feel, I don't know what to do, Kayden and I are sleeping in different rooms, not my choice.

Ever since that night we found our little wolf died, he is closed off, I get it he killed Oliver. I know we both hated him with another man and we wanted to make him pay but I didn't want Kayden to kill him. I know it is other stuff during surgery but I don't know what to do with my feelings, about Kayden, us if there is a us. 

We haven't told the kids what happened. We keep making excuses of why they can’t see him, but it won't last long. This afternoon we have to tell them, how do you tell your kids that their father died. 

Kayden and I will never be the same, I don't know how we both got so messed up, wait I know, our little wolf came into our lives and now he is gone, and it's our fault.

I'm in the living room sitting on the couch, just thinking, okay truth time. Arabella Rocco can you come down stairs in the living room, I hear them yell okay then the pitter-patter of their little feet. Then I hear their voices Papa what's wrong? Do you know where our Dad is?

Kayden comes soon after, "we are telling the kids aren't we?" Yes

Hey kids can you sit on the couch next to me, I sit on one side of the couch and Kayden sits on the other end with the kids in between us. Ummm your Dad died. “That's a little harsh Rafael”, I take a look at him, what the hell am I supposed to say? The twins say what? What are you talking about Papa? I sigh, it means he isn't going to come back. I see them frown up, this is harder than I thought, you know when your Dad was gone for four weeks, yeah they reply but he came back and he was okay, Arabella says. 

I tear up, Arabella Rocco he isn't coming back, ever. They start crying, Rocco squeaks out are you sure, yes sweetheart I'm so sorry. Arabella hugs Rocco and he pats her head, they are so cute looking after each other. They scoot off the couch and try to walk out of the living room, hey you guys, don't you want to eat dinner, they look at each other and shake their heads, no. Well I will make some for you guys and I will put it on the kitchen table okay, they nod and walk away holding hands. 

Kayden shakily asks, "Do you still hate me?" I frown, no I never hated you. I pull him into my arms, he lays his head on my chest. I haven't had him in my arms in a long time. I might've hated him in the beginning but he is my mate, I can't hate him. I'm angry, so angry but I don't want to be anymore, it's not going to bring back Oliver, I wish there was a way, I let out a tear.

Kayden I NEVER hated you, I am angry. I'm angry we hurt him, I'm angry we pushed him away from us so he could go to the arms of another man, I'm angry we killed him. I guess I started crying because Kayden lifts his head up to wipe my tears away. When do you think we will stop feeling guilty? I look in his glistening grey eyes and say, I don't know how we are going to feel. 

We sit in silence thinking for a couple minutes and I shake myself a little bit to make sure he isn't asleep. He gets up and then I say I will make us dinner, but he insists he will, It will keep me awake, I nod, okay. 

I can't tell you what I ate because when he served the food, I ate really fast and I'm in the shower, when did that even happen? I finish up and I get into the bed naked. I begin to doze off when I hear a knock, I cover myself, Rafael can I come in, yes. Kayden asks, can I sleep with you tonight, sure I have wanted you in here with me. We are both in the bed and I hear Rocco calling our names, Papa- Papi can we eat dinner now, yes Rocco. I go to get up but Kayden grabs my arm and whispers babe you don't have clothes on under those sheets, I will feed them, I nod, okay.