Chapter Forty-Nine: Ooh, Comfy

I waited and waited and waited for what felt like a long time. But I would check the time on my phone to see only few minutes, seconds even have only passed. That just made me think I'll be here for a while. I kept making Parker talk to keep him awake, but when he stopped I knew that he fell asleep. At first he slept with faint, soft breathing. But then it turned to snores that made my eye twitch.

I just sat there with my eyes closed with an unconscious Parker next to me, thinking about how things were or will become. That was when I thought about that moment when things were what I'd like to call... normal.

"Don't think you can run away from us Nerds," he sneered, tugging my backpack forcefully to make me fall backwards onto the ground.

I scrambled back on my feet and glared at him. "I don't know unless I try," I retorted back before turning on my heel and about to run away again.

But just as I was, a guy just walking right towards me held out his foot into my path and gave it a casual kick as soon as it met mine. I was only able to look at him as he did. My surprised face met his smug smile. I practically flew forward and crashed onto the floor, groaning at my shoulder that took the impact. I heard laughter and high fives behind me, I looked behind me and saw them acknowledging "the tripper" for his good move.

"Where did you get that?"

"Trying to be all slick with that move."

"I wish I did that."

I sat up, massaging my probably bruised shoulder. I was about to pick up my backpack when the very same foot kicked it away.

He kneeled down to look at me face-to-face and smiled. "Where do you think you're going?"

Going up to heaven while you can go to its downstairs apartment, I thought coldly to myself. I learned all too well if I say it out loud, I'll be going there sooner than I wanted to.

"No where," I muttered, looking away.

"You're no one you say?" He mused, jutting up my chin so I could look at him.

I jerked my head away. "I didn't say that."

"But it's true, don't you think?"

"That's in your opinion."

He looked at his friends. "Don't you guys think so too?"

All of them agreed with him instantly.

"That's biased."

He grabbed me by the shirt and pulled me to my feet.

"What're you-"

"C'mon, let's go on a little field trip."

I grasped his arm, trying to get away. But his grip was strong, and I really liked the shirt, so I couldn't help but follow. Just when I had enough of getting dragged, he stop and threw me towards something. I was able to stop myself with my hands, and was left looking at the glass case of the hall that held all of the trophies over the years from past students.

"What do you see?"

"Trophies?"

He rolled his eyes. "No stupid, I meant the reflection on the glass."

I focused my eyes at the reflection on the glass of the dim hallway lights.

"Me," I said finally.