Chapter Thirty-Four: Your Breath Smells

"The key to beer pong," I told them in a matter-of-fact tone, "is all about-" I staggered a bit before finishing "-mathematics."

One of them made a face. "Math? Seriously?"

"Seriously!" I retorted, as I pointed the ping pong ball at them. "It's all about mathematics! Math, math, math!"

"Why math though?" Another asked.

"It's because math is everywhere!" I exclaimed, spinning in a circle stupidly, "When you use money, when you tell time, and even when you play beer pong!"

"Then show us then."

I started to giggle to myself.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing," I said with a shrug. "I'm just thinking how funny it will be when I see you're faces after I kick your asses in beer pong."

I ignored the ooh's and focused my attention to the red plastic cup. When I told them I wanted to play beer pong, I didn't want the easy game with a bunch or red plastic cups in the shape of a pyramid, or triangle, I like pyramid better. Did you know that the ancient Egyptians- Focus Naomi! But no, I'm not satisfied with only easily tossing a ping pong ball into a red plastic cup. I'll make this a challenge, Naomi style.

They were actually okay with me changing things a bit. They took down the set up they made and put down the fruit punch bowl on the ground. We grabbed all of the furniture of the house, from tables, chairs, even a lamp. This got everyone attention when they saw people run around the house moving furniture. When I was finished setting up with course, there was a big crowd of kids watching me.

I cleared my throat then turned to them. "Behold, people of this party or whatever, watch as I, Nerdy Naomi-" there were gasps "-make history in beer bong!"

"It's beer pong."

"Right, beer pong," I said, before looking back at the course. "Okay, let's do this."

Automatically, everyone took out their phones to start videotaping this. I studied the course with my nerdy powers. I was surprised myself for being able to use my nerdy powers when I've been slurring and staggering the whole time. I'm probably just really tired, that's all, which was weird because juice should make you hyper, not drowsy. I calculated the distance of the throw, how much strength I need to put, where the ball will go before being thrown into the red plastic cup filled with beer. Everyone was quiet, holding their breath as they watched or videotaped this. I brought my hand back with the ping pong in it. Then at the last minute, I turned around and threw the ping pong ball behind me.

I turned back around to watch what was happening. All eyes followed the ball as it made its way through the course. It hit a lampshade, nearly knocking it over. The ball took three hops over a table, then went back and forth between four overturned chairs. It then circled around the punch bowl twice before falling off and took one, then two bounces into the plastic cup. The whole crowd was in chaos, hooting and shouting. I picked up the plastic cup and took out the ping pong ball. I drank the fruit punch inside the cup and held the cup up. I held both the plastic cup and ping pong ball up in the air as if it was a trophy, everyone cheered at the sight of it. People who still didn't believe what just happened looked at the videos they took. Others who did were texting about it or already posting the videos in the internet.

But I wasn't done. No, I was just getting started. I was on fire- not really though, that would be bad. Unless I was the girl on fire but... What was I saying again? Oh, right!

I started to get fancier after that. I did the same course again. But first I began to juggle three ping pong balls as I sang circus music. Then one by one I tossed them into the air. They followed each other, bouncing on the furniture the previous ball bounced on. The ping pong balls hopped into the plastic cup, making everyone cheer. I high five the beer pong guys who congratulated for my awesomeness.