Chapter Thirty-Eight: Here Comes the Airplane

Jordan and Declan leaned forward and tried to look at the screen of my phone. "What are you doing?" They asked me in unison.

I pushed both of their faces away. "I'm texting Parker."

Declan wrinkled his nose. "Why?"

"I don't know, because I can?"

"You never texted me back," Jordan grumbled. "I sent you a text a while ago and you never replied back."

"I didn't?" I asked in confusion.

I looked at my messages in my phone and I saw an unopened text from Jordan. Suddenly there was a chime on Jordan's phone. He took his phone out and opened it.

"I'm doing nothing," he read aloud of my text message. Then he gave me a blank look. "Really?"

"Now I've replied to you. Happy?"

"Overjoyed," Jordan said sarcastically.

I went back to texting Parker. He had football practice to do so I was left hanging out with the guys afterschool for now. We were planning to meet up after his practice but at the moment we were texting when he had breaks. It was one of those rare occasions that I see them without the girls sticking with them like glue. Abby went shopping with Candice for new outfits, Bennett and Jordan made the excuse that they couldn't go so they went without them. Hannah has cheerleading practice, Declan was supposed to be there but he ditched the first chance he got.

The two of them continued annoying me, circling around me, trying to peer over my shoulder to read my messages.

Bennett sighed. "You guys should just leave her alone."

Jordan glared at him. "You should be just as mad as I am, Bent."

"But somehow, I'm not."

Declan smirked. "Yeah, that's 'cause the guy's a robot, emotionless."

"I'm not a robot."

He shrugged. "That's what they all say."

Jordan ignored the two as they argued back and forth of how Bennett's a robot. Declan had some really good points, but Bennett turned down every single one of them. Jordan just kept on trying to read the screen as I texted Parker. I finally had enough and set my phone down to glare at Jordan face to face.

"What is your problem?" I snapped.

"You never text us, how come he's different?"

"Your texts consist of cute animal pictures doing stupid things, Declan keeps on sending me sports stats and Paladins memes making fun of them, and Bennett never texts me."

Bennett shrugged. "I didn't see the point honestly, I see you every day at school."

I heard a ring from my phone, I looked down at it and glared at Declan. "Really?"

Declan burst out laughing. "Oh c'mon, you gotta admit, that's funny."

"Well I don't like it," Jordan said to me as he crossed his arms. "What if something bad happens to us and you're too busy texting the jock? Or what if you're in trouble? Who you gonna call?"

"Ghostbusters," I replied, not missing a beat.

"No, really."

"I'll call the cops, obviously."

"What if they're not available?"

I looked at him in disbelief. "They're the cops! How will they not going to be available? They're too busy eating donuts?"